Enjoy our glamping at Secret Valley Escapes in our beautiful 10 acre valley, an idyllic location, tucked away on the edge of the Peak District. Here you will find an abundance of wildlife, fishing ponds and woodland, it’s the perfect setting for you to escape all the stresses and pressures of everyday life.
For those looking to explore, we have a multitude of footpaths on the site and beyond as well as fishing for both the seasoned angler and beginners. Wildlife lovers and photographers will enjoy being at the heart of nature.
Just above the hide is the stream that feeds the reservoir and dam. Depending on what the level of rainfall has been you can either walk up the stream or use the series of bridges and swings to cross the flowing water and explore the top end of the site.
Our guests will have the space and privacy they need to relax and enjoy their stay. We have just 2 ‘Dens’ on site keeping the site small, to not only enhance the guest experience but also enable the local wildlife to thrive.
THE FOX HOLE & DEER CROFT – sleep up to 4 people
A short walk from the lodge along our woodland path are our two safari dens, Fox Hole and Deer Croft. Fox Hole has a clever semi-elevated design enhancing the already amazing outlook of the surrounding countryside. Deer Croft boasts an additional south facing deck with a great view over the wetland habitat that is home to water voles, newts, frogs and much more. Both Dens have access to extra outdoor space that can be utilised in all weathers.
Den Facilities include
- Small kitchen with a gas hob
- Crockery and Cutlery
- Fridge with small freezer
- Dining table and chairs
- Double Bed with bedding
- Bunk Beds with bedding
- Wardrobe and Hanging Space
- Toilet, Shower and Washbasin
- Indoor fire for chilly nights
Outside you will find
- Decking to relax on
- Off road parking
- Wood Fired Pizza Oven (at an additional charge)
FAMILY SHOWER ROOMS
You have these facilities in your den but in addition we have created 2 bespoke Family Shower Rooms that have everything you would have at home! They are spacious and clean with a shower, toilet, basin and hairdryer, underfloor heating as well as somewhere to put your towels and clothes.
As you enter the site you will see The Lodge, which is home to the office where you will check-in before being guided to your Den.
- We are located just over a mile from Holmfirth, on the edge of the Peak District the town is famous for the BBC television programme ‘Last of the Summer Wine’ and welcomes many tourists each year who come for a glimpse of the infamous steps leading to Nora Batty’s house!
- Holmfirth Town Centre bursts with little shops, cafes, pubs and restaurants as well as a great selection of takeaways. It is also home to the famous ‘Picturedrome’ which is an absolute must-visit for music lovers.
- Local Vineyard that provides tours, meals and of course the opportunity to sample some great wines!
- Explore, walk or cycle our rolling hills, valleys and reservoirs
- A number of local country pubs within walking distance
From £120 per night
Friday to Monday (3 nights)
Monday to Friday (4 nights)
Friday to Friday (7 nights)