Greenhill Glamping is set on our family farm in the beautiful location of the Alkham Valley on the Kent Downs near Dover . For 15 years we have provided B & B accommodation more recently added Glamping at Alkham Court. Our shepherds huts offer guests top quality, luxury glamping stays surrounded by stunning hills all within the beautiful Kent countryside in an AONB. Our two fully restored vintage shepherds huts give you the ultimate experience of luxury glamping in Kent. You can enjoy panoramic views across our farm and the Kent Downs, close to outdoor life but with the comforts of home. Wake up listening to birdsong overlooking our fields of sheep and horses and relax in the evening by the fire-pit toasting marshmallows and watching the sun go down. In the winter, snuggle around the cosy wood stove and escape the stress of everyday life with a good book and relax with a nice glass of wine (or two). We’re less than an hour from London and close to Dover with its famous castle and white cliffs.
OUR SHEPHERDS HUTS
Our shepherds huts, Shepherd’s Watch and Ploughman’s Retreat are perfect for couples looking for a romantic and unique break within the beautiful Kent countryside. Each hut has been lovingly restored by ourselves, offering a truly luxurious glamping experience nestled into the Kent Downs. After pulling up to your private parking next to each hut, make your way inside and help yourself to the fresh milk in the fridge, complimentary teas and coffee along with some homemade cake.
Our unique shepherd’s hut is over 120 years old and has been lovingly restored by ourselves offering you a cosy hideaway oozing with charm and character. We want your stay in our shepherd’s hut to be as relaxing as possible and there are lots of little extra touches to give a real feeling of luxury.
Ploughman’s Retreat is an original ploughman’s wagon dating from the 1920’s which has been recently restored by ourselves. It is nestled into the hillside and surrounded by picturesque and private views of our farm in the Alkham Valley. Our own restoration has ensured that this hut oozes individual character. The hut has vintage and antique furniture inside and a hand-crafted seat made from sleepers nestled into the bank outside, making the perfect spot to watch the sun go down. Inside the hut comes with all the comforts you can’t live without and a cosy king-size bed.
SHEPHERD HUTS FACILITIES
Our glamping huts have all of the comforts you can’t live without
- Bespoke king-size bed with goose down duvet, pillows and quality bed linen
- Ensuite with luxury ensuite shower, heated towel rail, toilet and wash basin
- Quality cotton towels along with a luxury welcome pack of shower gel, shampoo, hand & body lotion and soap locally produced by Romney Marsh Wools here in Kent
- Kitchen facilities with an electric two ring cooking hob, Dualit toaster & kettle, Nespresso coffee machine Belfast sinks along with dish cloths and washing up liquid
- Cooking pans and utensils along with plates, cutlery, mugs and a selection of glasses
- Electric fridge with a small ice box Fresh milk along with a selection of complimentary teas and coffee
- Antique table and chairs
- Hanging space, a hair dryer and areas to store suitcases
- Wood-burning stove with logs to ensure you are kept warm and cosy
- Electric heater inside programmed to ensure you will never be cold
- Welcome pack which includes local places to eat, local maps for walks, things to do in the area and special places to visit
OUTSIDE you’ll find
Table and chairs
Fire pit with a grill for BBQs
A well-stocked log store is next to each hut to keep the fire roaring whilst you watch the sunset and beyond!
MAKE IT EXTRA SPECIAL with our optional extras
We use locally produced food to make your stay that extra bit special. When booking you can select additional options such as our Light Breakfast Hampers or Pack Lunches. To add these little extras and add any special dietary requirements in the comments section.
THE ALKHAM VALLEY & LOCAL AREA
Our farm is all on natural chalk grassland and grazed with our flock of sheep. The horses from our livery yard also graze alongside in nearby fields. You may be lucky at dusk and see our wild badgers exploring the countryside from their many setts around the farm. You’ll also hear owls, pheasants and other wildlife if you listen very careful around the fire pit in the evening. Some of our steep hills around the farm are completely unspoilt and untouched by generations. Here you can find natural grasses, wild orchids, cowslips and colonised by butterflies.
You can enjoy some pretty country walks or even horse riding in the Alkham Valley at the nearby riding centre. Afterwards why not explore our farm walk with stunning views of the village of Alkham with its church dating back to the 12th century.
The benefit of glamping near Dover means you can also explore nearby
- White Cliffs of Dover
- The Kent Coast
- Dover Castle
- The historic cathedral city of Canterbury
- Trendy Margate seafront where you’ll find the Turner Contemporary art gallery and vintage shops
- The artistic seaside town of Folkestone
PRICES 2023 Rates
£160.00 per night – minimum 2 nights or £155.00 per night – minimum 3 nights
Weekend price (Fri & Sat): from £170.00 per night – minimum 2 nights