At Fallow Fields, Glamping and Camping in Kent come together, roam free, feel the outdoors and escape real life. Whatever’s your camping thing, Fallow Fields Camping is the perfect place to do it. It won’t be long before home and reality seem a million miles away.
Based on a stunning fruit farm 2 miles from the beautiful inlet town of Sandwich. Four acres of fallow land nestled between cherry, pear and apple trees, makes for a great backdrop to enjoy the big skies and amazing sunsets this part of Kent has to offer.
For us it’s all about the Fallow Fields Feeling. We all remember great camping trips, and the campsite normally has a lot to do with it; the vibe of the place, where you’re pitched, the surroundings, the facilities, the local area. You come back exhausted and grubby, but you’ve loved every minute, you have felt a million miles away from reality, you have a smile on your face and are already planning the next trip!
Style it out in one of our ten furnished bell tents or bring your own tent.
OUR GLAMPING AND CAMPING SITE IS OPEN UNTIL OCTOBER
- 12 furnished bell tents each sleeping up to 4 people – double and single beds, comes with all your cooking essentials
- 55 pitches for bring your own tents or small campervans
- Toilets – newly built in 2019
- Washing up sinks, and sinks for washing / teeth – covered but not enclosed.
- Ice block freezing and for campers use.
- Small shop onsite – camping basics and local food including meat, farm produce and fresh coffee.
- Onsite catering events on Friday nights, Saturday nights and weekend breakfast.
THIS TO DO ON SITE
- Food Nights
- Gin and Fizz Bar
- Outdoor Play areas
- Free activities
The Retreat Area is a big safari tent dedicated to proving hours of entertain to the whole family. There’s giant games, tables and benches, even a cinema on Saturday nights.
CAMPSITE AND LOCAL AREA
Walk through the campsite gate and through farm land to public footpaths that disappear across the fields in the direction of Ash or Woodnesborough. You don’t need to travel much further afield to take in the best of what the local area has to offer:
- Dover Castle; for both big and little kids. Be taken back in time to the 11th century as you explore the most iconic of all English fortresses
- Sandwich Bay; breathe in the sea air. Five miles of unspoiled sand flats, salt marshes and sand dunes for you to explore
- Sandwich; a perfect place to mooch. A beautiful medieval town on the river Stour that yes, made ‘the sandwich’ popular
- Deal; a great spot for brunch or a cheeky drink. Head to Jasin’s Restaurant on architecturally renowned Deal Pier with views of the open waters towards France
- Local pubs; the Five Bells at Eastry will offer you a warm welcome with traditional pub grub, there’s also a few more worth checking out a short drive (or cycle) away; The famous Griffin’s Head at Chillenden (10 mins) or the Black Pig at Staple (5 mins or a 25 min walk)
BELL TENT PRICES
From £55 per bell tent per night