Glamping Isle of Wight
Our beautiful glamping yurts have been handmade on the Isle of Wight and sit in a private field up behind the The Garlic Farm in Sandown. We’ve been growing garlic on the Isle of Wight ever since Granny Norah planted those first few cloves in her garden over 50 years ago. We have spent all the years since exploring its history and origins, experimenting with the many different varieties here on “the Island” and creating many garlic infused products from chutney to beer and ice cream.
The farm is ideally located for exploring the Island by car, bicycle or on foot.
Our yurts are perfect for couples and small families of 4, although they can sleep up to 6. Each of the yurts is 6 metres in diameter but they are all different in layout. The yurts include
- A Kingsize bed downstairs
- A ladder leading up to the mezzanine deck with 4 full size single mattresses upstairs with
- Ensuite Bathroom with flushing WC and walk-in shower
- Linen and towels
- Fully equipped Kitchen with hot and cold running water and oven and hob
- Fridge with small freezer compartment
- Dining space for up to 6 people
- Woodburning stove
- Perspex dome on the roof winds open and closed
- USB charging sockets for phones and devices
- One 13amp domestic socket
- High chair and cot available on request
OUTSIDE YOU WILL FIND…
- Fire Pit
Guests enjoy access to our games room, tennis court, football pitch and discounts in the shop and restaurant.
There is no wifi in the yurts but guests can connect in the games room,
THINGS TO DO AT THE GARLIC FARM
We are a free to enter family attraction providing the full garlic experience and free access for our customers to our beautiful farmland in the Arreton Valley.
- Tractor trailer tours run throughout the school holidays and at weekends from Easter to September
- Free tasters of all our garlic farm products
- Take one of our farm walks and open your eyes and ears to the flora and fauna of this natural habitat for birds, animals, insects, wild flowers which co-exist with our farmed crops
- Our Education centre is free to enter and includes the history of our farm, amazing archaeological finds, how garlic came to the Isle of Wight, how to grow garlic, garlic folklore and facts. Outside, the wild flower meadow is home to our garlic trial beds where you can learn about all the different varieties we are trialling this year, their provenance and characteristics
- Garlic bread making workshops, decorate a garlic bulb, planting, plaiting and grapping in our education centre in school holidays
- Our Shop and Restaurant is open 7 days a week from 9am to 5pm with selected evening openings – see our events calendar
- Timber play area with trim trail and nest swing. Perfect for watching the kids on the play kit whilst enjoying a coffee on the rear terrace of the restaurant
- The GARLIC FESTIVAL is held annually in August with food, music, entertainment, crafts, beer tent, theatre kitchen and a timetable of events
GROUPS and WEDDINGS
Booked together the yurts make fantastic group holiday experiences sleeping up to 24 in total.
We can host your weddings at The Garlic Farm. The perfect rustic environment for a charming rural wedding in a unique location providing, exclusive use of our Allium Cafe and Restaurant, exclusive use of our education room and taste room, use of tractor trailer to transport guests, bespoke catering from our excellent and experienced chefs, full drinks package, a beautiful backdrop for photographs, unique wedding favours, accommodation for up to 50 people, plenty of parking, and a team of friendly & professional staff to make your day extra special
HOLIDAY COTTAGES ARE ALSO AVAILABLE AT THE GARLIC FARM
Prices from £200 for 2 nights up to £540 for 3 nights in summer holidays.
DISCLAIMER The information displayed about this business is a advertisement. Love Glamping makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information. The information on this business is provided and by the business named on this page.