Glamping Hampshire Berkshire Border
Our large six metre bell tents and sweet little vintage styled pod cabins are set in magical woodland on the Hampshire and Berkshire border near the historic market town of Newbury. Set in 10 acres of private ancient woodland our small and unique site is only 45 minutes from London. It’s an excellent base to explore the area or just chill out in the calming, peaceful atmosphere of our woodland known as eco therapy. The glampsite’s is peaceful spot, full of wildlife and surrounded by open countryside.
There are lots of things to do, in and around Newbury including Downton Abbey’s castle and Beacon hill where Lord Carnarvon who’s known for discovering and opening the tomb of Tutankhamun is buried, from the hill top you can see the Castle, Watership down and the remains of an Iron age hill fort.
Guests have full access to the private woodland to explore, children can build camps, play on the tyre swing and collect fallen wood for the fire pits.
Our village has a shop, post office, three pubs within walking distance and a village market at the end of each month.
We are a dog friendly site having a miniature sausage dog and a very soppy Great Dane and live on site in our ginger bread cottage so are on hand and happy to help.
PODS – Daisy and Bluebell
We have two sweet vintage styled pods which sleep two adults and up to two children and include
- Outside cooking station containing a gas stove and BBQ
- Crockery, cutlery, pans and BBQ tools
- Tea, coffee, sugar, milk, and bottled water (although all water onsite is drinking water) kettle, toaster
- All bedding and towels
- Electricity and heating
Close by is a communal outside undercover seating area and large brick built fire pit.
Two beautifully decorated huge 6m double door bell tents which sleep two adults and up to four children, set in a magical woodland clearing. Each pod and tent has it’s own toilet shower and sink immediately next door.
THE BEDOUIN BELL TENT & THE MOROCCAN BELL TENT
Our two huge six-meter double door bell tents sleeps 2 adults and up to 4 children, in the style of a Bedouin camp. The tents are hidden away in their own special little wooded clearing, with secret passages that the children (and adults) will adore with unique wood sculptures.
The tents includes
- Comfy scatter cushions and rugs
- Double bed and fold out Z beds for the children
- All bedding and towels
- Indoor wood burner as heating
- Cooking station containing gas stove and BBQ
- Cooking utensils, crockery, cutlery, pans, BBQ tools and washing up equipment
- Tea, coffee, sugar, milk, and bottled water (all water onsite is drinking water)
- Cool box (guests are welcome to top up their ice packs when needed)
- Outside decked seating area
- Your own firepit
- Your own toilet, shower and sink right next to it
The tents are off grid so no electricity, but if phones need charging etc, you are welcome to use our electricity in the house!
LOCAL AREA AND ATTRACTIONS
- 4 kingdoms Adventure Park and Farm, Headly
- Newbury canal boat trips
- Local board walk
- Beacon Hill Newbury
- Highclere Castle, Home to Downton Abbey
- Woolton Hill Village Market held on the last Saturday of every month between
- Bombay Sapphire Gin Distillery
- Welford Park, a beautiful 3,000 acre farming Estate with river, park and woodland and Grade I
- Queen Anne House, where The Great British Bake Off is filmed
- The Kennet and Avon Canal Trust – Narrowboat trips
- Treerunners an exciting, challenging and sometimes demanding activity that uses zip lines, snowboards and tarzan swings
- Enborne Equestrian Centre
- Victoria Park Newbury (Free)
- Greenham Common
- Newbury Racecourse
- The Chase (National Trust)
Pubs and Restaurants in area include…
The Rampant Cat (within walking distance)
The Red House, Highclere (within walking distance)
The Furze Bush Inn
The Pheasant at Highclere
The Canarvan Arms
The Jack Russell Inn
From £89 – £139 per night
Dogs £20 per stay (per stay and NOT night)
Children £20 per stay (per stay and NOT night)
Additional tents may be pitched for extra guests at an additional cost