Jurassic Glamping in East Devon is a new small luxury glamping site located on our smallholding with exceptional views over the Axe Valley. Enjoy a stay in one of our large safari-style tents, each equipped with all the luxuries you would expect as part of a true glamping experience. We are only 10 minutes from the Jurassic Coastline and ideally located for exploring the seaside towns, wonderful beaches and countryside of Devon. Axminster is just a mile away with plenty of shops and the pub is just a 25 minute walk down the hill!
Last year in collaboration with The Woodland Trust we planted 2,700 new native broad-leaf trees. This will join up two existing areas of woodland on either side of the farm and eventually create a much larger continuous habitat for the badgers, deer, foxes, rabbits, woodpeckers, owls, buzzards and countless other bird species which live in and around the site. The camping fields total around 10 acres so there’s lots of space to wander about and enjoy.
Our safari tents are large and airy with a huge veranda for relaxing and taking in the gorgeous sunsets while enjoying a pre-dinner drink. Each tent has an internal bathroom with hot shower and proper flushing toilet so there’ll also be no need for night time treks across a field to a shared toilet. A solar panel powers the lights and a phone charger and we supply a gas powered cooking stove, fridge and heater. In front of each safari tent is a spacious lawn and fire pit so everyone has their own space to spread out and relax.
We are child-friendly, you can bring your dog and cook on an open fire in the evening, or get together with a group of friends and enjoy exclusive use of the whole site.
THE SAFARI TENTS – Sleep 5 to 6 people
Each safari tent includes…..
- Fully equipped kitchen with all crockery and utensils and a three ring gas hob and Fridge
- Indoor Dining Table
- Warm comfy beds with quality Egyptian cotton bedding, fluffy duvets, extra blankets and towels for everyone
- Internal bathroom with hot shower, basin and proper flushing toilet
- Solar powered lights, lanterns and phone charging socket
- A box of toys and games for kids
- A selection of books and board games
- Picnic blankets
- A fossil hunting kit which includes beach guide, small rock hammers and safety goggles
- A welcome hamper and kitchen basics such as tea, coffee, sugar, milk, olive oil, salt, pepper etc.
- Eco-friendly washing up liquid, hand soap and cleaning products
- Travel cots, high chairs, changing mats, toilet seats, steps and baby toys available on request
OUTSIDE the tent you will find….
- Large veranda with seating and comfy outdoor beanbags for lounging
- Outside Dining Table
- Outdoor food preparation area
- Fire pit with tripod BBQ and dutch oven set
WHAT WE SUGGEST YOU BRING
Wellies, wet weather gear, warm jumpers for around the fire in the evening, food, drinks, beach towels sunscreen and toiletries.
MEET THE ANIMALS
Just let us know if you’d like to help collect fresh eggs in the morning or come and feed the sheep.
We are perfectly situated so you can explore the gorgeous World Heritage Jurassic Coast of Dorset and Devon including
- Charmouth Beach just 10 minutes
- Seaside town of Lyme Regis
- Little fishing village of Beer is only a short drive away
- Walk the South West Coastal Path
- The small market town of Axminster is only just over a mile from our farm so easily walkable down the bridal path which runs down the side of the property. Market day is Thursday.
- River Cottage Canteen
- The River Cottage HQ is only a couple of miles away and runs a variety of courses throughout the year.
- Bridport, a hub for artists and has many galleries and exhibitions as well as lots of wonderful shops and cafes
- Forde Abbey, a stunning 900 year old former monastery with extensive gardens which is only 15 minutes away
- Seaton where you can take the tramway from the coast up to the Wetlands Nature Reserve
- Pecorama miniature railway in Beer
PRICES per Safari Tent
27 July to 2 September 2018
Short break £550
3 September to 30 September 2018
Short break £450
1 to 15 October 2018
Short breaks £350
5 April to 23 May
Short break £400
3 June to 15 July
Short break £450
May half term (24 May to 2 June) and 26 July to 1 September
Short break £600
We do allow up to 2 dogs per tent (T&Cs apply)
3 night minimum stay
Jurassic Glamping have separate safari tents in an 8 acre field so can offer social distancing straight away with no isssues