Glamping Cumbria and the Lake District with Hot tub
Thornfield Camping Cabins in Cumbria and on the edge of the Lake District is set in a picturesque landscape and rural setting between the border city of Carlisle and Caldbeck. Due to the close proximity of the northern fells and lakes the site is ideal for those who wish to explore Caldbeck, Keswick, Ullswater along with the border city of Carlisle and Hadrian’s Wall. There is strong use of the area with cyclists due to the location of the Reivers route 10 and the National Cycle network route 7 both of which run straight past Thornfield Camping Cabins along with the Cumbria Way walk.
Karen and Andrew, who along with their staff aim to provide you with a warm welcome and pleasant stay. Offering high quality, affordable en-suite glamping accommodation; warm all year-round cabins with home from home comforts, in a tranquil rural setting. This is a real back to nature holiday experience surrounded by extensive rural views, woodlands, walks and a range of wildlife.
VISIT ENGLAND GOLD AWARD SITE & TRIP ADVISOR 5 STAR!
GLAMPING AT IT’S BEST! GET LOWER PRICES FOR LONGER STAYS!
EN SUITE CAMPING CABINS
There are 7 cabins in total: 6 on the main site with wonderful views and 1 budget cabin located near the car park area (no open view)
Sleeping a maximum of 2 adults or (2 adults and 3 children) dependent of the type of cabin you choose they include:
- One fixed double bed and one double bed settee
- En-suite wet room with underfloor heating
- Microwave (Please note: No hob, rings or pans – a portable hob and pans can be requested free of charge)
- Crockery and Cutlery
- Free Wifi (not the best but it is free)!!
- Gas BBQ Hire (can be used to heat pans) Please Note: Disposable BBQ’s are NOT allowed anywhere on site.
- Fire Pit Hire
INCLUDED IN THE CABINS
Based on two people sharing. A fully made up bed, bale of towels for cabin use. Crockery (cereal bowls, plates, mugs, glasses, cutlery, can/bottle opener – no pans) sufficient for 4 persons.
From £85 per cabin per night (minimum charge based on 2 people sharing)
Additional teenagers £10.00 per night
Additional children 5 – 11 years old £5.00 per night
Children under 5 years old – FREE
MINIMUM STAY REQUIREMENTS AND ARRIVAL DAYS
The basic minimum stay is 2 nights and our standard arrival days are: Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Saturday’s but this depends on the time of year. Bank holidays and peak season differ.
- Bank Holiday’s including New Year – minimum of 3 nights (Friday – Monday)
- Summer Holiday’s – July & August (Friday – Monday 3 nights minimum) (Monday – Friday 3 nights minimum)
- Discounts & Special Offers – Refer to website Rates & Availability page
ONE NIGHT STAYS
One night stays are only allowed in our budget cabin Stable pod. (No bedding included in the price – you can add on a bedding pack or bring your own with pillows and towels) Please refer to the website for full details. No open view and only available to book from April to end of September.
HOT TUB HIRE
All cabins have the option to add on a private therapeutic jet spa hot tub. These must be booked and paid for at least 48 hours in advance in order for them to be prepared ready for your arrival. The cost is £108 for the duration of your stay up to 7 nights then an additional £10 per night thereafter. There is no difference in the cost of this facility whether you stay 2 nights or up to 7 nights.
Please refer to website Rates and availability page
Well behaved dogs welcome, MUST be kept OFF the furniture and ON a lead at ALL times. £20.00 per stay per dog (maximum of 2 small to medium size)
CAR PARKING – The Glamping site is a vehicle free zone
We have one vehicle space per cabin and car parking is free for the duration of your stay. Additional vehicles by arrangement only subject to space at a charge of £15.00. They will have to be parked bumper to bumper. (NO ADDITIONAL VEHICLES CAN BE ACCOMMODATED DURING JULY & AUGUST)
COOKED BREAKFASTS – The Country Kitchen Cafe
You can get fabulous cooked breakfasts, light lunches, Sunday lunches, Tea’s & coffees, afternoon tea’s from Joyce’s very friendly family run cafe in the centre of Dalston village. You will find outdoor seating through the arch in the cobbled yard at the back.
COMPREHENSIVE INFORMATION FOLDER
Each cabin has a comprehensive information folder on the site facilities, Dalston village and the immediate surrounding area along with information on walking and cycling.
THINGS TO DO, PLACES TO VISIT
- Dalston with Footpaths, Bridleways and Cycleways Rose Castle (circular walk) – a picturesque walk of approximately 1 hour from the cabins via the river
- Dalston Village Festival & Agricultural Show mid August
- Watchtree Nature Reserve, Great Orton, Nr Dalston
- The Grand Tour of Skiddaw, a hill running event early September
- Caldbeck picturesque village
- The Howk, Caldbeck
- The river Caldew and Rose Castle
- The Cumbria Way
- Carlisle with Cathedral, Castle, Racecourse, Air Museum, Cumbria Gyroplanes, Walby Farm Park, shopping and more
- Ullswater & Ullswater Steamers
- Pooley Bridge
- National Trust Aira Force Waterfalls
- Walby Farm Park
- Dodd Wood, Bassenthwaite
- Derwent Water Marina
- Keswick Pencil Factory
- Keswick Theatre by the Lake
- Nicol End Marina
- Lake District Wildlife Park
- Whinlatter Forrest Park