Glamping The Lake District
Kentmere Farm Pods offers a peaceful retreat with luxury Camping pods on a working family farm in the stunning Kentmere Valley near Kendal and Windermere in the Lake District. It’s a great place to explore or simply relax and chill out. Potter by the stream, follow paths around the farm and enjoy the wildlife or adventure further afield to some really special wild places, with lots of challenging routes for walkers and bikers.
Off grid and Off the beaten track our glamping pods are sited in their own large field, on our family farm, with spectacular views of the Valley and surrounding Lake District fells.
Located between Kendal and Windermere, there is easy access to sport & attractions across South Lakes and beyond.
OUR GLAMPING PODS
With wonderful views our well equipped pods are ideal for couples and families. Enjoy the wide open space around the pods with hilly green fields and mountains beyond. Each pod sleeps up to 4 and has your own private parking space nearby. They are a fantastic, cosy alternative to camping and include…
- Double and sofa beds
- Wetroom shower, toilet and basin
- Fridge, microwave, toaster and kettle
- Dining table and four chairs
- Crockery and utensils
- Electrical points and down lighters
- Under floor heating
- Lockable French doors
OUTSIDE your pod…
- Wooden decking and stone patio
- Outdoor seating/picnic bench
- You can hire a Fire pit and barbecue
DINE AL FRESCO
With no light pollution, on a clear night, the sky here sparkles with stars. Enjoy eating outdoors – each pod has its own outdoor furniture and you can hire a barbecue when you book. Relax with your favourite tipple and cook up a feast! Or why not hire a Kadai fire-pit and get cosy round a campfire and toast marshmallows. *
Indulge in locally sourced fresh treats from Staveley, our nearest village. Despite being small, there is lots on offer!
It’s the perfect place to relax, for children to play and enjoy a truly off-grid experience with no Wi-Fi to disturb your peace. If you can’t do without your phone or internet there’s excellent 4G coverage and free Wi-Fi in the village of Staveley nearby.
White Howe Pod welcomes one well behaved dog. With so many fantastic walks, it is a great place for dogs. We do ask visitors to be considerate to other guests staying on the farm and keep their dog under control at all times. With sheep and other livestock on ours and neighbouring farms, we kindly request that dogs are kept on a leads at all times.
LOCAL AREA AND THINGS TO DO
The area of adventures for all ages and interests with fantastic pubs, tea-rooms and local produce to make your day a real treat. Here are just a few ideas and places to explore in the area…
- Brockhole, the National Trust Visitors Centre offers high wire & zip rides as well as archery boat rides and crazy golf
- Walking – Shorter and longer walks direct from the door of your camping pod. The Kentmere Horse-shoe, one of Wainwright’s favourite walks, circles the Kentmere reservoir – approx. 5 hour walking. The
- Fairfield Horseshoe is approximately a 6 hour walk starting in Ambleside. All with fantastic views.
- Biking – There are many bike routes from the door of you camping pod (Hire bikes locally from Wheelbase in Staveley)
- Water sports and boat hire including canoeing, windsurfing, rowing, kayaking and paddle boarding on Windermere and Coniston
- Horse riding for all ages at Holmescales Riding Centre and Larkrigg Riding School, both near Kendal.
- Kendal Indoor Climbing Wall offers classes for a range of ages and abilities
- Badger Rock, Kentmere for bouldering. Explore a variety of routes in stunning surroundings.
- Take a short ride on a steam train on the Haverthwaite railway to Windermere
- Visit the Aquarium of the Lakes on the Southern shore of Windermere and watch otters at feeding time
- Walks to see the waterfalls at Aira Force with great views of Ullswater
- The World Of Beatrix Potter in Bowness
- Visit Hilltop, Sawrey and the see the house where Beatrix Potter lived and worked
- National Trust properties, Museums, Galleries and Cinemas
- Sizergh Castle is a National Trust property with an extensive garden 4 miles south of Kendal
- Dove Cottage, home to William and Dorothy Wordsworth in Grasmere
- Blackwell Arts & Crafts House, overlooking lake Windermere
- Levens Hall, famous for its extraordinary topiary garden and Elizabethan house.
- Abbot Hall Gallery in Kendal with some fantastic contemporary exhibitions
- Kendal Castle is a 12th Century medieval ruin which has great views over the town
- The Quaker Tapestry in Kendal is great for young children
- The Museum of Lakeland Life and Industry reveals the town’s farming and industrial heritage
- Brantwood in Coniston, home of John Ruskin, art critic and romantic poet. Take the steam gondola over from Coniston to explore the museum and garden.
- There are three cinema screens at the Brewery Arts Centre in Kendal. Try the Royalty in Bowness for a Retro experience or Zeffirelli’s in Ambleside has a number of screens with a nice restaurant so grab a pizza before the film
- Enjoy a walk to see the waterfalls at Aira Force with great views of Ullswater. Very near the shores of Ullswater.
Further afield is:
- Honister slate mines offers guided tours of the mine. There is also an exciting Via Ferrata
- Rheged in Penrith is an award-winning indoor family activity day out. There is an Imax 3D cinema, art gallery, an outdoor play area and lots of shops and places to eat
- Go Ape at Grizedale Forest
- Dock museum in Barrow, with models of ships and displays on Barrow’s shipbuilding heritage
The Lake District is brimming with good places to eat and nice pubs
Nearby In Staveley. 2 Miles has cafes, Pub, Brewery, Bakery and chippy
There are also other local pubs and Winderemere is only 5 miles away with more restaurants pubs and cafes. Kendal 6 miles away offers the same with a Pizza Express just off Highgate near Booths
£85 – £100 per night for 2 people sharing a pod
Minimum stay 2 nights
Check out 10am. Check-in 3.30 to 10pm.
Linen & bedding provided
Pods must be left clean and tidy.
Walking boots or wellingtons not permitted inside pods (storage box provided outside).
No Campfires. Fire pits available to hire/ wood purchased. No wood is to be cut or gathered from the farm.
Only Kentmere Farm BBQs permitted. Please bring your own charcoal.
Designated parking close by. One car per pod free of charge.
One well-behaved dog is welcome in White Howe Pod only but must be kept on a lead and is NOT allowed on furniture.
We do not accept hen or stag parties.
We DO NOT accept bookings for more than two pods without prior permission being agreed in writing and a deposit being paid.