Glamping Somerset with Hot Tub
Middle Stone Farm in West Somerset with glamping in Somerset offer Safari Tents, The Deckhouse and a cottage on their farm near Taunton on the edge of Exmoor National Park. Our beautiful location is right on the edge of Exmoor International Dark Sky Reserve, so your hot tub is the perfect place to relax and watch the shooting stars on a clear night.
OUR SAFARI TENTS
We have six large safari tents set over two glamping fields.
In the field with our farm shop, climbing frames and swings and a paddock of goats you will find Buzzard, Hawk and Kestrel Lodges. These three lodges are also dog friendly.
In the neighbouring field, just a minute or two’s walk away you will find Bossington, Kilve and Porlock Lodges. These are our newer slightly larger glamping lodges and have amazing views onto Exmoor. We don’t accept dogs in Bossington, Kilve and Porlock so these safari tents a good choice for anyone with pet allergies.
Inside our lodges you will find
- Sleeping for 6 people in a king bed, pair of single beds and quirky cabin bed
- Private bathrooms
- Kitchen is in the heart of the safari tent with all the crockery, cutlery, glasses and pans you need for your stay plus electric fridge/freezers
- Electricity, USB sockets for charging phones and laptops
- Bike racks, toy baskets
- Dining table for up to six
- Wood stoves
- Firepits and hammocks
- Private wood fired hot tubs (optional extra)
We welcome groups of families who want to book a whole field of lodges together, you’ll find more information about that here.
The Deckhouse Cabin sleeps two adults and two children under the age of 12. It’s a white washed glamping cabin, cosy and warm in all weathers and open all year round. The cabin is quirky and rustic, we describe it as half self-catering cottage/ half glamping.
The cabin includes
- King bed in the main bedroom
- Mini bunk room (suitable for young children under 12)
- Kitchen with mini-oven/hob, microwave, retro style under-counter fridge-freezer and table with Ercol chairs
- Open plan sitting room with comfy sofa, wall mounted television, books & games, quirky original pictures and knick-knacks
- Modern shower room with shower, basin and loo
- Efficient wood fired stove heating with plenty of firewood and kindling
If you’ve hired the hot tub there will be an additional supply of firewood for hot tub heating too.
All our accommodation (both glamping and cottages) have a private hot tub outside and are optional extras and not included in the price of a stay as not all our guests want to use them.
Our Swedish hot tubs are wood fired (not jacuzzis). They do take a while to heat up the first time you use them, we send you a video in your arrival email instructions to show you how to get your hot tub started, and we’re usually somewhere on the farm and happy to lend a hand if you need a demonstration when you use it for the first time.
2 days hire starts from £60. We don’t make a profit from our hot tubs, this is the cost of the water and the firewood you’ll need to heat the water up. Our hot tubs are very large, much bigger than you’ll find at other glamping sites and they contain a lot of water – perfect for family glamping holidays as families will all fit in together!
We do offer hot tub pre heats for the cottage and cabin during the winter months when it can take a good 5 hrs or so to heat them if it’s a cold winter’s day.
ON SITE FACILITIES
If you would like a breakfast hamper, cake or home cooked dish left in your lodge ready for your arrival, we offer catering too.
We usually have animals in the fields close to the safari tents, so you should be able to see some goats, alpaca, sheep and probably some pigs over the fences close to your accommodation.
We also run farm tours once or twice a week when guests can come into the animal fields with us see the animals up close whilst they’re having their breakfast.
- Hampers and Home Made meals and Cakes
- Farm Shop
- Farm Tours and Animals
- Play Area
- Lynton and Lynmouth
- The Valley of the rocks
- The Big Sheep
- Budleigh Salterton
- Beaches of Porlock Weir, Dunster, Saunton, Saunton, Putsborough, Kilve Beach, Bee, Branscombe
- Dunster Beach
- National Trust sites of Dunster Castle, Knightshayes Court, Montacute House, Barrington Court and Fyne Court
- The Quantocks
- The West Somerset Railway
£80 to £200 a night accommodation depending
Our safari tents are open from the start of April through to the end of October Half Term. If you’d to stay in the winter wben the safari tents are closed for their winter renovations, The Deckhouse Cabin and Stable Cottage are open all year round and perfectly warm whatever the weather!