Glamping North Yorkshire Moors
Shepherds Hut Bilsdale located in North Yorkshire in North York Moors National Park provides glamping holiday accommodation on a working hill farm. Whether you want a romantic break take a relaxing retreat or just to explore the local area, the Shepherds Hut is the place to stay. The Hut is on a working hill farm with sheep and cattle. Tucked away in a secluded position, it has picturesque views of east Bilsdale’s countryside and stone walls. There is only one hut so guests have complete privacy.
We aim to provide a relaxing peaceful place to stay in a beautiful part of the country. Coniser farm is in Bilsdale characterised by dry stone walled farms, green valleys, woodland, spoil heaps from past jet mining, open heather moorland and the Bilsdale mast. In spring a visit to the lambing shed can be arranged, where you can see the new born lambs.
THE SHEPHERDS HUT
The hut is built traditionally by a local craftsman from wood, much of which is Oak. It is well insulated so guests can stay comfortably all year round.
The Hut includes
- Comfortable Double Bed
- Wood burner for heating (including wood)
- Seating area with table inside
- Tea and Coffee making facilities
The door leads to an outdoor seating area with a BBQ and parking space
KITCHEN AND BATHROOM
Literally one step away, an internal door leads from inside the hut into your own personal and fully equipped kitchenette and bathroom with shower and toilet. The kitchenette has a fridge, kettle, toaster, hob, microwave, pots, pans and crockery, enabling guests to self-cater.
Food hampers can be provided for an additional cost. To be cooked by yourselves at a time that suits you.
- Walking including Cleveland Way, Roseberry Topping, Lyke Wake Walk and Farndale daffodil walk – we will be happy to drop/pick you up at local walking points
- Bike Hire at Sutton Bank National park centre with a 3 mile circuit
- Fishing at a small lake
- Helmsley Open Air Pool (during Summer)
- Bilsdale riding centre and pony trekking
PLACES TO VISIT
- Market towns Stokesley and Helmsley are both approximately 10 miles away. with shops, pubs and eateries
- Rievaulx Abbey and Terrace
- Helmsley with Castle, Walled Garderns and Duncombe Park
- National Trust properties such as Nunnington Hall, Ormesby Hall and Mount Grace Priory
- Whitby with 199 steps, Abbey Jet shops
- Filey and Robin Hoods Bay
- Flamingo Land theme park
- North York Moors Railway steam train in Heartbeat country
- Yorkshire lavender
- Castle Howard
- Durham Cathedral
- York’s numerous attractions
- Byland Abbey
- Ryedale Folk Museum
- Market Town of Northallerton
- James Herriot Country and Thirsk
- Great Ayton, home of Captain Cook and Roseberry Topping
- Agricultural Shows throughout the summer
PRICES for 2 people from
£55 a night
One night stays £75 further nights £55
A minimum of two nights maybe required to fit in with workload or holidays.
AVAILABLE EXTRAS include
Special occasion flowers and chocolates
We do not take dogs or any animals. Non smoking. Please note there is no TV or internet in the hut and mobile phone signal is restricted in the area.
Shepherds Hut Bilsdale is remote and with only one hut and no shared facilities is ideal for social distancing!