Glamping in Essex with Hot Tub
Enjoy Glamping in Essex and a UK glamping holiday this year with a luxurious stay at Lee Wick Farm. Located near Clacton-on-Sea in a new and unique Lushna. It’s all things great and small at Lee Wick Cottages in the north Essex countryside. The glampsite itself is petite yet pretty, perfect for families and couples and also offers a CargoPod, Megapods and Armadillos all with their own loo, shower and sea views!
Could this be the only glamping site in the country where you can get a side order of spuds when you stay? – the farm focused on potato production before branching out into holiday cottages, touring and cool camping, and spuds are still grown on site. Say hi to Robert in the farm office at the top of the lane, where he’ll often be found fulfilling his role of potato merchant. You might also find him around the Livery yard – Lee Wick Farm has stabling for around 12 horses, which should keep equine enthusiasts entertained. Or maybe you’d prefer to cast off instead at the farm’s fishing reservoir, or bag a free pass to the neighbouring Essex Wildlife Trust Colne Point Nature Reserve: the road beyond the farm leads directly to the reserve. We are an excellent base for Essex and Suffolk coastline, countryside and tourist attractions.
Our 12 new lushna suites are situated near the farm in a peaceful location with wonderful sea views. Some are perfect for two adults, others ideal for families of four. Rugged on the outside but with great comfort inside, they offer floor to ceiling glass which maximises the panoramic coastal views. Just relax and watch the big skies.
There are a range of Lushna Suites – Classic, Lux and Petites, sleeping either just two adults or two adults and two children. We also have one large Lushna Mezzanine Suite, which also sleeps two adults only or two adults and two children.
Inside each Lushna includes
- Hotel standard bathroom area with loo sink and shower
- Kitchen area with sink, fridge, toaster, kettle and microwave (some of the Lushna units have electric cooking hobs too) and cutlery and crockery
- Table and Chairs
- Ipod Dock
- Storage including wardrobe
OUTSIDE on the deck you’ll find
- Table and chairs
- Fire pit
….and some will have Log Fired Hot Tubs (additional cost)
OPTIONAL PACKAGES (please order at time of booking)
- Bedding and towel package for the three Lushna Suites
- Bags of Logs
- BBQ Lighting pack
- Hot Tub
ALSO FOR RENTAL
MegaPods and Armadillas and CargoPod
Self catering cottages, Stable Cottage sleeps from 2-7 people and The Cart Lodge sleeping up to 12 people.
THE LOCAL AREA
We are an excellent base for Essex and nearby Suffolk coastline, countryside and tourist attractions.
- St Osyth is a small village to the west of Clacton with a few shops and general stores along with 3 pubs and a good fish and chip shop. There are approximately 115 buildings around The village has many historic listed or special architectural including the Priory.
- Oyster beds can be found at the beach past the village.
- There are pleasant walking and cycling opportunities around the farm and village. Fishing at our reservoir (not on site) can be arranged as can passes for nearby nature reserves. They offer superb birdwatching opportunities with barn owls, little egrets, curlews as well as regular sightings of the once rare marsh harrier.
- Colchester is nearby and being England’s oldest recorded town there plenty of historical sights to see such as the Castle and The Zoo, voted the second best in the country.
- The famous Suffolk Heritage Coastline is also a short drive away with towns such as Southwold and Aldeburgh to browse around.
- Head to neighbouring Wivenhoe for a drink on the quay, or Brightlingsea, ideal for crabbing with the kids. Try Mac’s Plaice for fabulous fish and chips or take the little foot ferry to and from Point Clear.
- Picturesque Dedham is a short drive away, perfect for walks in the Stour Valley, boating (bring your own kayaks / canoes or hire a row boat), cream teas and visiting the famous artworks of both Constable and Munnings.
- Pleasant walking and cycling opportunities around the farm and village.
- Fishing at our reservoir (please enquire when booking), Approx £10 charge for Pod bookings. Passes for nearby nature reserves, superb birdwatching opportunities.
From £60 per night (Sunday to Thursday)
From £80 at Weekends
Please note not all Lushnas have Hot Tubs
Please contact us before booking if you are under 25 years of age
**Lee Wick have held 2020 prices for 2021 and up until September 2022 and are taking bookings from 4th July!**