Cheglinch Farm is a glamping site near Ilfracombe in Devon perfectly suited for families or couples. Enjoy a luxurious, farm stay in a beautiful Lotus Belle tents with comfortable beds, private shower, toilet and cooking facilities allocated to each tent. With a maximum of 3 families staying at any one time, there is so much room to run freely, relax and wind down.
Wind down, relax and get back to nature in our little piece of idyllic Devon countryside. Meet the local wildlife and guinea pigs, collect the eggs from our chickens, watch the farm calves being fed and see the dairy cows grazing nearby. We are also within easy reach of Ilfracombe, Woolacombe, Croyde, Putsborough and Saunton beaches.
LOTUS BELL TENTS AND FACILITIES Each tent sleeps 4 plus 1 small child
We provide you with
- Double bed
- Day bed
- Single bed
- A travel cot is available on request and you can also bring a small inflatable bed for an additional young child. (Please bring your own bedding for the travel cot and inflatable bed.)
- Your own private bathroom within our rustic shower block, just a short walk from your tent. Here you will find a sink, mirror, hot shower and plenty of room to leave your tooth brush!
- Clean, modern composting toilet adjacent to your tent allocated for use only by you and your family
- Your own outdoor kitchen area next to your tent with gas barbecue, cooking utensils and crockery
THE PLAY BARN
The play barn is open for use by all with games and activities for children.
A dining table and chairs is allocated for each tent as well as a shared fridge, freezer, microwave and laundry facilities.
A SAFE AREA FOR KIDS TO ROAM
The glamping field is car free in order to provide a safe area for children to roam freely. Wheelbarrows are provided for ferrying your luggage from our car park which adjoins the site. Children will also love to use the wheelbarrows for wheelbarrow races!
Who can resist toasting marshmallows whilst watching the sun go down? Our fire pits are perfect for such a treat.
THINGS TO DO ON SITE
There is plenty to keep children entertained whilst you lie back and soak up the sun. Kids can run free in our massive field, diving in and out of the grass and hiding behind the rushes, paddle in the small stream (bring wellies) which runs through the field, have wheelbarrow races, as well as playing in the indoor and outdoor play areas.
Alternatively, perhaps you would like to meet our family of guinea pigs, collect the eggs from our chickens, watch the farm calves being fed, observe the tractors working in the field nearby and see our herd of cows grazing within the hamlet. You may even be lucky enough to see the cows walking back to the farm from the fields to be milked.
There is something for everyone within the local North Devon area including
- Taking a short walk to the village of West Down
- lfracombe is our local seaside town
- Sandy beaches of Woolacombe, Croyde and Saunton
- Exmoor is within a half an hours drive
- Combe Martin Wildlife & Dinosaur Park
- Quince Honey Farm in South Molton
- The Big Sheep at Bideford
- The family theme park and castle at Watermouth Castle
- Arlington Court and National Trust Carriage Museum
- RHS Garden Rosemoor can be reached in just under an hour
Whole site rental by family groups welcome!
From £55 to £105 per night per tent
Arrival days are Monday and Friday during peak season, with other days available in off peak season.
During school holidays we offer 3 or 7 night stays when arriving on a Friday and 4 or 7 night stays when arriving on a Monday bookable via our website.
More flexibility is available outside of school dates, minimum of 2 night stay- please contact the site by email to discuss your requirements.