Dale Farm Holidays offers glamping with the Yorkshire Wolds, North York Moors National Park and Yorkshire Coastline on our doorstep and ancient York less than an hour away. Our location can’t be beaten for exploring the stunning county. We have glamping to suit everyone including three cosy cabins, a romantic treehouse situated in woodland, a quirky summerhouse, Big Yellow Caravan as well as a pretty cottage sleeping up to 7 people and 2 luxurious self-catering studios.
CABINS – Sleep 2 plus one friendly dog
Our three Cabins situated in woodland, Oak, Ash and Elm all sleep 2, ideal for couples or a group of 6 friends in either a double or twin beds plus one friendly dog.
The cabins have proper beds. They are fully insulated, double glazed and fitted with log burning stoves, 2 sockets and a light. You will be warm and cosy all year round. Each cabin has an electric kettle and a deck with barbecue and seating. They do not have running water but there is lovely shower room and an outdoor sink and tap. Enjoy a simpler, slower pace of life. Light the fire in the communal fire pit and gather round or lie in the hammock and contemplate the galaxy.
- Ground floor (2 small steps up to cabin doors)
- Double or Twin Beds
- Log burner (log bags for sale £5 each, first bag complimentary)
- Deck with seating area and barbecue (please bring charcoal)
- Fire pit in woodland
- Indoor shower room with toilet, wash basin and heated towel rail (50 yards)
- Outdoor sink and cold tap
- Electric kettle, barbecue, crockery and cutlery
- Wi Fi
Breakfast picnics can delivered to your door!
Please bring your own towels
Please note – this is posh camping not log cabin luxury. You will be warm and cosy but cooking facilities are limited and the lovely shower/toilet is shared between the three cabins.
THE TREEHOUSE Sleeps 2 plus one friendly dog
This romantic cabin for two in the trees has a separate bedroom with a proper bed, a proper shower, its own loo and a quirky outdoor kitchen with deck, barbecue, sink and seating. The treehouse is fully insulated, double glazed and fitted with a log burning stove so you will be warm and cosy all year round. Enjoy a breakfast picnic on the balcony and chat to the woodpeckers.
- Living room
- Bedroom with Double bed
- Bedlinen and Towels
- Shower room with separate private toilet downstairs
- Log burner with basket of free logs (extra log bags for sale £5 each)
- Equipped outdoor kitchen and dining deck with fridge, barbecue and chiminea (please bring charcoal) – no cooker
- Hot and cold water
- Electric light, sockets and kettle
Breakfast Butties can be delivered!
Please note – This is a real treehouse so not suitable for children. Your dog is welcome if it doesn’t mind heights!
THE SUMMERHOUSE – Sleeps 2 Adults and 2 Children plus one friendly dog
The Summerhouse is converted from the original cowshed and has large bi-folding doors which open on to the kitchen garden. It is ‘glamping’ on a grand scale, retaining many original features but with modern bathroom and kitchen facilities and open plan living/sleeping area with log burning stove. Ideal for a couple, family or small group of (close) friends who want to self-cater and don’t mind bunking in together. The space can accommodate 2-4 people in one brass double bedstead and 2 camp beds.
- Fully equipped kitchen
- Spacious shower room
- Access straight in to garden with seating area, barbecue, cycle storage
Ground Floor (2 small steps) –
- A Double bed with bedlinen provided
- 2 x Camp beds – please bring sleeping bags (although we have loads if you forget!)
- Towels provided
- TV with DVD player
- Log burning stove – no central heating – big basket of complimentary logs
- Games, books and jigsaws!
- Open plan living/sleeping area
- WiFi available on site although it probably won’t reach to summerhouse but 4G pretty good
Please note this is a Summerhouse – there is no central heating just a log burner, fur throws and huge windows with lots of sunshine (sometimes) so winter bookings are only for the hardiest guests!
THE GRAIN STORE – Sleeps 2 plus one friendly dog
This ingenious conversion of the old grain silo enjoys stunning views across adjoining farmland sleeping 2 people. Sorry no under 16’s.
LOCAL AREA AND ACTIVITIES
We are a great base for exploring Yorkshire. Surberb for walking and cycling with our quiet country lanes and gentle hills. Check out the Big Skies Bike Rides series that takes in this beautiful landscape. Discover coastal cliffs, beautiful beaches, wildflowers and wildlife and those famous big skies.
The North Yorkshire Moors National Park is home to heather moorland, pine forests, rolling hills and shimmering coastline, not to mention historic abbeys, castles and priories, traditional pubs and ‘hidden’ villages and hamlets. The Yorkshire Wolds of low, rolling hills and sheltered dry valleys are rich with wildflowers and cut across the white-speckled chalk landscape. Each sleepy village has a distinct character. Local activities also include
- Beaches including Filey, Hunmanby Gap and Cayton Bay
- Flamborough Head
- Stately homes and gardens of Sewerby Hall, Sledmere Hall and Scampston Hall
- Castle Howard, location for Brideshead Revisited
- Kirkham Priory
- Yorkshire Lavender
Cabins from £70 per night
Treehouse and Summerhouse from £100 per night
The Grain Store £125 per night
Minimum stay 2 nights
COVID BOOKING GUARANTEE
If we are prevented from fulfilling your booking due to a government restriction affecting the farm we will offer you new dates or a full refund