Buckden Camping offers glamping on The National Trust Heber Farm in The Yorkshire Dales with 600 sheep, plus cattle including a developing herd of Belted Galloways. Glamp in one of our pods, cook outside and enjoy breakfast, lunch or dinner on the decking while you admire the fabulous view and enjoy the glory of the dale around you.
The latest in cool camping, our three pods each sleep up to 5 people and offer electricity, lighting and heating and mattress covered seating area which converts in to beds for the ultimate in easy camping. Spacious and secure the pods are insulated wooden huts which provide warm and cosy accommodation whatever the weather. The roofing material is designed to eliminate noise and enhanced by natural sheep wool insulation, it ensures the pod is warm in cold weather and cool when it gets hot!
All pods include a kettle and access to a fridge and freezer and all pods a have mattress covered seating area which folds down to make a sleeping platform
Just bring what you’d normally bring for camping – except the tent.
Size: 3 meters Long x 2.3 meters wide
Our unfurnished family pod comes with outside decking. Simply bunk down as you would in a tent – without having to put it up!
Size: 5.7 meters Long x 3.4 meters wide
Our furnished family pod with outside decking comes supplied with fridge and kettle and a mattress covered seating area that converts to a sleeping platform, simply bring your own bedding and feel right at home.
Our services based in the farmyard between our two camping site areas, offers a toilet, power shower and pot-washing facilities. For busy periods our more rustic ‘Tough Mudder’ shower in the barn is also available.
A fridge and freezer is available – please ask.
On the meadow site for tents and Pods, toilets, a shower and pot-wash facility are available for your use.
Activities in the area include
- Walks – situated right on the Dales Way, we have an abundance of walks including Wharfedale, Bishopdale, Wensleydale
- Littondale, Deepdale, Coverdale and Langstrothdale
- Dales Way river walk to kettlewell and catch the ventura bus back
- Cycling – A haven for cyclists, the dales have some of the best cycling terrain in the UK including the road race route up Kidstone Pass
- Spa and Swimming at Long Ashes Spa for some pampering, swim, sauna or gym Horse Horse Riding just 7 miles down the road
- Climbing with Kilnsey Crag, with its famous overhang
- Malham Cove one of the largest limestone formations formed by ice and meltwater from the last ice age
- Kilnsey Park is popular with families and includes fly fishing lakes, a farm shop and café along with nature trails including red squirrels and rare orchids
- The Forbidden Corner won the Best Tourist Attraction in Yorkshire
- Skipton Castle
£40 per night per pod
Minimum booking at weekends during peak season (July – August)
We Recommend 2 Adults and 3 children maximum for each pod
For safety reasons all cooking must be done outside your pod
We welcome dogs (maximum of 2 dogs per party) as long as they are cleaned up after and kept on a lead
PODS ARE OPEN FROM 1 MARCH 2018