Glamping in Sussex
Our woodland setting at Worth Forest Glamping is located in the heart of the Sussex countryside offering fabulous luxury camping in Safari Tents. Relax and enjoy a peaceful break in the country or create adventures of your own. Set in the grounds of Worth Lodge Cottage and its surrounding 6 acres, the cottage was built in around 1890 as a lodge cottage to Highley Manor, a Victorian Manor house in Crawley Lane. In the last 5 years the cottage has been sympathetically extended, the gardens and driveway re-modelled and a vegetable garden and chicken run installed. Rearing their own pigs each year, having chickens and growing their own produce, we aim to be as self-sufficient as possible.
Each of our safari tents have a fully equipped kitchen and living area. We know you will want to spend as much time outdoors so there is a lovely decking area with an outside table for al fresco dining, fire pit and BBQ. After all that fresh air you can retire to bed with a double bedroom and separate bedroom with bunk beds. We love a good night sleep so insist on high quality mattresses and bedding all made up and ready for your stay. And while we appreciate this is camping, we do like some mod cons the tent has its own bathroom all equipped with towels and complementary toiletries.
You can do a little or a lot at Worth Glamping. There are a range of good books, puzzles and games to enjoy in the evening or relaxing in the sunshine on the terrace. The surrounding woodland offers many adventures, build a camp, play hide and seek or keep watch and spot the local wildlife. By day you will see a plethora of wild birds, rabbits and maybe our resident muntjac, by night you can listen out for our family of owls calling to each other, a visiting herd of fallow deer or our local roe deer family comprising mum, dad and their fawn. We can also provide maps for local walks and cycle rides.
OUR SAFARI TENTS
Our two safari tents are furnished to a high standard and with all the luxuries you would expect but on a more rustic scale.
INSIDE YOUR SAFARI TENT
- Fully equipped kitchen with crockery, cutlery and utensils
- Fridge with freezer compartment
- Sink with hot and cold running water
- Gas hob
- Open plan living and dining room fully furnished with sofas and a dining table
- Electric lights and power points for chargers
- Free Wi-Fi
- Books and games for you to enjoy
- Master bedroom with double bed
- Second bedroom with bunk beds
- Double sofa bed in living room
- Superior mattresses and quality bed linen
- Your own bathroom, with flushing loos, sink and shower
- Towels and complementary toiletries provided
- Welcome pack with complimentary tea, coffee and hot chocolate and a basket of logs
You never know, there might even be a chocolate on your pillow!
OUTSIDE YOUR SAFARI TENT
- Your own decking area with table and chairs for al fresco dining
- Fire pit and BBQ with tools
- Outdoor games
WHAT WE SUGGEST YOU BRING WITH YOU
- Appropriate clothing for the time of year, it can be cool under canvas
- Wellies and waterproofs
- Food and drink for your stay. Our village shop is 5 minutes away for basics or there are larger stores in nearby Haywards Heath
Breakfast Hampers from £18
BBQ Packs including corn, buns and salad from £22
Game BBQ Packs including corn and salad from £25
We are proud to support or local rural economy so all the information about local amenities and activities will be in your welcome pack, along with menus, complimentary vouchers and train times etc.
- The Cowdray Arms gastro pub is just a 5 minute walk away either on the road or through the woods
- The village of Balcombe is a 20 minute walk with a range of facilities
- Take the train from Balcombe station and head to the next stop in Haywards Heath. Here you can enjoy a variety of shops and cafes as well as the popular Broadway with a range of bars and restaurants
- Central London is 45 minutes on the train
- Brighton is 23 minutes on the train
- GOApe at Tilgate Forest
- Tilgate Nature Centre
- Open water swimming is also available on Campbells lake in Tilgate Park
From £80 per night
We have two safari tents spaced over 10m apart and each with their own facilities including their own kitchen and en-suite bathroom. There are no shared facilities and each has its own BBQ, fire pit, outside seating etc. We are also preparing a video check in which will be available to guests to show them how everything works.