Glamping Wales with Hot Tub
Get away from it all in South Wales with a glamping holiday at Under The Oak and unwind in our cosy and luxurious safari tent with hot tub. Dan y Dderwen lodge is nestled underneath an ancient oak tree next to a pond in a tranquil corner of our traditional family farm. For an unforgettable experience, get back to nature, without giving up your creature comforts!
Our new spacious lodge features a natural wooden hot tub, wood burner, fully equipped kitchen and bathroom with a hot shower and fire pit for cooking outdoors. Cosy and comfy beds are made up ready for your arrival so you can unpack and relax.
Spot red kites and buzzards soaring overhead. Wallow in your very own private wooden hot tub with breathtaking views of the rolling South Wales hillside. Indulge in a spot of star gazing under amazing dark skies or cwtch up by the wood burner with a good book. Spend time reconnecting with loved ones.
If you fancy exploring, there are plenty of walks and bike trails on our doorstep. Further afield, we are in an ideal spot to explore all that South Wales has to offer, just a short drive from the city of Cardiff, the Brecon Beacons, Abergavenny and countless museums. Not to mention amazing beaches!
THE LODGE – sleeping 4
- A Gorgeous Welsh box bed, with its twinkly lights is perfect for couples
- A sofa bed easily converts into a double, perfect for friends or a couple of kids
- All bedding is provided
- Living areas with the sofa, dining area and books and games
- Candles and lanterns as well as led lighting where you need it
- Electric for charging your phone
- Wood burner and plenty of logs to get it roaring away (if you do need more, head to the log store and pile your wheelbarrow high. Just pop a fiver in the honesty box)
- Kitchen area with 2 ring gas hob, fridge and a sink with hot water on tap
- Plenty of basics such as oil, salt, pepper and herbs, plus a little extra treat on arrival
- Bathroom with flushing toilet, basin and hot shower
- Fluffy towels
Outside the lodge you will find….
- Huge and well sheltered veranda
- Table and chairs for outdoor dining
- Fire pit which has a griddle and hot plate for barbecuing
THE HOT TUB
‘The Love Tub’ is heated by a wood burning stove and once up to temperature will stay hot for around an hour, by which time you will be very wrinkly. There are no nasty chemicals, just natural spring water which is of course changed for every guest.
You can buy provisions from the local village which is only a mile down the lane but we have a small larder and honesty box next to the wood store where you can pick up some essentials. Our own free range farm eggs, local preserves, honey, pickles and chutneys. We also offer Arrival Hampers with basics, Breakfast Hampers and BBQ Hampers. Please enquire.
Explore Hills and mountains, historic buildings, city life and world-renowned industrial heritage are all within a short walk or drive from your lodge. Here are just a few ideas to get you started…
- The mountain above the farm offers excellent walks and panoramic views up to the Brecon Beacons and across to the Bristol channel
- Climb the famous Pen y Fan or explore the breathtaking Black Mountains
- Mountain bikers are spoilt for choice, including the world famous Bikepark Wales
- Brecon mountain railway
- Beaches including Barry Island, made famous by tv’s Gavin and Stacey
- Beachers of Ogmore or Southerndown offer sand, pebbles and plenty of rock pools
- Surfers often head down to Aberaeron
- Big Pit offers the opportunity to explore our industrial past, guided underground by former pit workers
- Blaenavon Ironworks
- Tintern Abbey
- Caerphilly Castle, can be spotted from the farm
- Cardiff Castle, Castle Coch, Raglan Castle, Ogmore Castle and Skenfrith Castle
- St Fagans and Llancaiach Fawr Manor House
- Cardiff, Wales’ vibrant capital city offers amazing shopping, museums, dining and entertainment as well as boat tripsand the Wales Millennium Centre
From £90 per night for a week in low season to £140 per night in peak season per lodge regardless of occupancy
Parents visiting with younger children please be aware that the lodge is very close to the pond, which is not fenced.
One well behaved dog per lodge is welcome. For £25 per stay we will provide a bowl and basket for your four legged family member. We only ask that you keep pets out of the human beds and be mindful that this is a working farm so there may be sheep or cattle nearby.
The lodge is situated in an idyllic traffic free spot which is about a five minute walk from the parking area, next to the farm buildings. We provide wheelbarrows to transport your stuff but please let us know if you need a hand.
DISCLAIMER The information displayed about this business is a advertisement. Love Glamping makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information. The information on this business is provided and by the business named on this page.