Glamping Wales with Hot Tub
One Cat Farm is a tiny glamping site set in a hidden valley in West Wales with Hot Tub. Stay in a warm, comfortable camping cabins and rediscover the pleasure of a simple holiday spent in the great outdoors with campfires, cooking and adventures in our meadow and beyond… You are In a 3 acre meadow overlooking wildlife ponds and surrounded by hedgerows and trees in a hidden wooded valley and we live just up the lane in a traditional Welsh cottage. Upon arrival, you can look out over the whole site to the rolling hills in the distance. In the foreground is the meadow which is yours to explore for the duration of your stay. It is a haven for wildlife with numerous birds, insects, small mammals and lizards all spotted regularly. On hot sunny days your ears will hum from the sound of grasshoppers in the long grass, and bees buzzing on wild flowers.
Snug as a bug in a rug! Our camping cabins let you experience all the joys of camping, with the bonus of no damp tent to lug home at the end of your holiday.Warm and dry all year round, the cabins are stuffed with insulation and feature double glazing and electric heating to keep you cosy in winter and cool in summer. Everything is set-up and ready for your arrival. We provide luxury bedding and linen on with sprung mattresses, thick duvets and warm woollen blankets in winter.
In the cabins you will discover:
- Beds – 1 double with a sprung mattress, crisp hotel quality linen, thick duvet, plump pillows and (in winter) heavy woollen blankets
2 x single beds – foam mattress, sheet, pillow and case
- Additional small z-bed or cot bed for an additional child if required
- Blankets and Cushions
- Curtains to keep out the light and provide privacy
- Mirror, Hooks and Shelving
- Pull down table and 4 stacking stools
- 1 electric socket and Interior and exterior lights
- 1 basket of firewood each day (extra baskets £8 each, just ask)
OUTSIDE YOUR CABIN you will find: a Hammock, Fire-pit, Tripod Cooker to hang above your campfire and Log stools, Wheel barrows to carry your belongings from the car to your cabin.
THE PIG SHED
This really was once home to Saddleback pigs. But don’t worry there is not a whiff of them here now! Instead you will find a clean, well equipped, shared kitchen area with gas hobs, sinks, and a fridge. Next door are the wash rooms featuring hot showers, a basin and space to change in each. Directly to the front of the building are picnic tables, where you can sit and admire the view of the meadow, ponds and the hills in the distance. Have some mid-afternoon coffee and cake or watch the sun set whilst eating your dinner with a local beer on a warm sunny evening.
The Pig Shed provides:
- Small Shop
- Cutlery, crockery, glasses and mugs
- Two 4 ring gas stoves, stainless steel pots, cast iron pans
- Tea towels, washing up liquid, dish cloths
- Hot and cold running water
- Food storage box (1 per den)
- Whistling kettles, Teapot & Coffee Pot
- Plastic cups and plates for young visitors
- Sharp knives, Chopping boards, Cling film and foil
- Tin opener, bottle opener and corkscrew
- Colander, Large bowls, Wooden spoons, spatula, peeler, grater
- Oil, salt, pepper, sugar, Tea, coffee and hot chocolate
- Fresh Herbs in Pots outside
- High chair
- Small First Aid kit
- Board games, Books, Maps and local area info
OUTSIDE THE PIG SHED: Firepit, Picnic tables, Fresh air and space to run and let your imagination roam
SHOWER ROOMS AND WC includes: Hot and cold running water, Loo roll, eco friendly soap, shampoo and shower wash and Hand towels
Woodfired baths are available on a first come first served basis priced at £20 for one or £40 for two.
Hammocks and on site shop!
ESSENTIALS TO BRING
Clothes, Warm layers, even in summer it can get chilly outside in the evenings, Towels (showering and beach), Eco-friendly toiletries, Food (please note there is no oven so please don’t bring things to bake, eg, pizzas), Matches or lighter, Firelighters, Wellies, Waterproofs, Suncream, Torches (it gets very dark at night!)
THINGS TO DO
We are in West Wales, in the county of Ceredigion. We have empty hills and mountains, miles of beautiful sandy beaches, pretty towns and villages, castles and a proud and vibrant Welsh culture.
Days out could include
- Llanerchaeron, National Trust property
- Hafod Estate
- Devils Bridge Falls
- Vale Of Rheidol steam railway from Aberystwyth
- Cardigan Bay Watersports
- Cilgerran Castle and Welsh Wildlife Centre
- Cilgerran Castle
- Dolaucothi Gold Mines
- Bwlch Nant yr Arian Forest recreation centre and Red Kite feeding centre
- Centre For Alternative Technology
- Market town of Machynlleth
- New Quay Harbour a traditional beach resort and fishing town
- Beaches including Aberaeron South Beach and Penbryn
- Cwmtydu – A tiny pebbly beach famous for its breeding seal population
Prices are from £75 per night up to £125
Min 2 night stay. We are happy to be flexible on arrival and departure days for most of the year except for the Easter Holidays, Summer Half term break and the Summer holidays. During these times our changeover days are Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays.
Additional adults (over 2) £10 per person per night
Single beds made up on arrival £10 per bed
Dogs £15 each per stay (max of 2 small sized dog or one medium sized dog per den)
GROUPS – Whole Venue Hire available
If you would like to hire the whole venue for a special celebration, family gathering or a course then please get in touch. We can accommodate up to 16 adults in the camping dens and have a small amount of space for people to erect traditional tents, for this we make a charge of £10 per person per night.
DISCLAIMER The information displayed about this business is a advertisement. Love Glamping makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information. The information on this business is provided and by the business named on this page.