Noddfa Shepherd’s Hut in The Elan Valley Wales, sleeps 2 in a new King size bed or two single beds. This is wonderful walking country or for bringing mountain bikes for the wealth of bike trails. The Elan Valley is just a few miles away with its scenic drives. Only 10 minutes from Builth Wells and 15 minutes from Llanwrtyd Wells, this part of Mid Wales is quite undiscovered and pretty remote and a truly peaceful place to be.
The Heart of Wales Railway Line passes through the nearby village and is a truly picturesque old-fashioned slow line, with the train stopping at the little stations and railway halts. It has a tiny station – with a “Stop at Cilmery” – where to get on the train you have to raise your hand, a bit like a bus stop. The owner is happy to pick up any visitors who might like the experience of coming to visit by train.
There is also an excellent pub in the village of Cilmery, The Prince Llewelyn.
Nodda is beautifully situated with glorious views across the fields over towards The Epynt Mountain and the valley below dotted with grazing sheep. There are wild hares in the meadows and because there is a mix of broadleaf woodlands and forestry a wide variety of different birds including Cuckoos and Red Kites.
Noddfa has been built to a very high spec, with internal insulation using sheep wool, locally sourced cedar cladding and extremely good quality fixtures, fittings and internal appliances.
The use of space here is quite remarkable – everything has been thoughtfully fitted. The design makes it remarkably spacious – 18 ft. long with the en-suite shower room and loo.
The owners are a textile designer and a Yoga teacher and every small detail has been thought of – even down to leaving a spare pair of reading glasses; there is a beautiful fine crochet bed cover and cushion covers. Lovely blinds hand-made from Welsh linen and a local sheepskin rugs on the floor.
Inside the Shepherds Hut you will find
- A comfortable king-sized bed or two again excellent quality single beds (to suit two friends) with high quality bedding in natural materials
- Magnificently well-designed German kitchen unit with a sink, built in microwave/oven, a two-ring hob. A good-sized fridge with a freezer box
- Pull-out table and chairs
- Two comfy chairs and a little wood burning stove with a good supply of logs
- Electric heating if you do not want to light the fire.
- Shower room with an en-suite electric shower and loo
There are just three wooden steps to a wooden balcony which is a peaceful place to sit to enjoy the views with
- Comfy wicker chairs that can be used inside or out
- Gas BBQ
- Fire bowl
The owners live in a very beautiful traditional welsh longhouse behind the shepherd’s hut and there is a long barn where on discussion private Yoga classes or creative textile workshops can be arranged.
The surrounding garden is designed to attract pollinators and birds. Recent sightings include barn owls, redstarts, redpolls, tree-creepers, nuthatches, woodpeckers and yellowhammers – a few of the more unusual birds. On clear nights the starscapes are amazing!
- Hay-on-Wye and Hay Festival 30 minute drive
- The Central Brecon Beacons 35 minute drive
- Elan Valley 20 minute drive
- Builth Wells and The Royal Welsh Showground 10 minute drive
- Llandrindod Wells 20 minute drive
- Brecon 30 minute drive
- Llandovery 30 minute drive
Short Breaks from £242
Week long breaks from £323
Sorry no pets
DISCLAIMER The information displayed about this business is a advertisement. Love Glamping makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information. The information on this business is provided and by the business named on this page.