Kite Hill Yurts is a magical rural retreat perched high on the side of the Wye Valley with spectacular views out over the Black Mountains. Wake up to the sight of dragon’s breath mist snaking though the valleys below and, once night falls, watch owls hunting over the yurt meadow. Choose between our two beautiful authentic Mongolian yurts each sleeping up to five in a solid oak double bed, day bed with pull out trundle and folding guest bed. Relax in comfy armchairs in front of the wood burning stove and, when the sun goes down, light the lanterns.
All our land is managed for wildlife conservation and the yurts are set in a flower meadow. Each yurt has its own outside deck with adirondack chairs, a picnic table, a Weber BBQ and a fire pit for camp fires under the stars. Your own compost loo and fully glazed camp kitchen are next to your yurt.
The yurts are set about 50 metres apart, approximately 50 metres from the Cabin, housing the shower and washing up facilities, and 200 metres up hill from the parking area. We will transport your luggage to and from your yurt for you.
Situated on the far side of the yurt field, oriented to give maximum privacy with views towards the Black Mountains and Gwenddwr Hills from the deck and camp kitchen, our beautiful hand carved yurt features buddhist designs. The warmth of the wood gives it a calm, relaxed feel. Perfect for a romantic getaway.
The colourful patterns give a feeling of vibrancy to this yurt. From the deck and camp kitchen there are views towards the Black Mountains and Twyn y Garth. This light blue painted yurt Skylark features beautiful multi-coloured intricate designs. Great for a short break for the family.
Each yurt has its own camp kitchen with
- Gas hob
- Fully stocked with crockery
- Cooking utensils
- Table and chairs
Fully glazed, they provide a cosy sheltered spot, from wind, rain or sun, to cook, dine, enjoy the view and play board games.
In the evening these are lit by solar fairy lights and tea light lanterns.
Further cooking facilities can be found in the Cabin.
The Cabin, a beautifully designed building made from locally sourced wood and situated amongst trees at the edge of the yurt field, houses the Map Room and the Shower Room. The yurts and facilities have been designed with luxury in mind while still giving you the wonderful feeling of being in the great outdoors.
THE MAP ROOM
The Map Room includes
- A kitchen sink
- A fridge for each yurt
- Table and chairs
- Combi oven/microwave/grill
- Books and games for inside and outside
- Small honesty shop
- Tourist information and an ordnance survey map of the local area
- Keep up to date on the weather forecast and the latest wildlife sightings (and add your own!)
THE SHOWER ROOM
There is a luxurious heated family-sized shower room fitted out with a hot shower big enough to share, basin, hairdryer and a compost loo for each yurt.
We also provide fully bio-degradable shampoo, conditioner, shower gel and hand wash.
WHAT TO BRING
We provide all bedding for the double bed and pillows, pillow cases and sheets for the day bed, pull out trundle and guest bed but if your party will be using the day bed, trundle or guest bed you will need to bring duvets (with covers) or sleeping bags for these. You’ll also need to bring wellies, slippers (no outdoor shoes inside the yurts please), torches, food and drink, towels and tea towels.
THINGS TO DO
Whether staying on site or going out and about there are plenty of things to do during your yurt holiday with us. Kite Hill Yurts is situated in one of the few areas in the UK where you can see the Milky Way. So you can while away the night time hours stargazing. Have yourself a picnic in our top field and enjoy 270 degrees of amazing views.
- Our land adjoins a 5,000 acre common which you are free to roam. Seek out the hidden lake or the ancient stone circle
- You are a stones throw from the Wye Valley Walk, just one of many footpaths in the area
- Explore the charming market towns of Brecon, Hay-on-Wye and Builth Wells nearby
- The Brecon Beacons National Park is is home to lakes, waterfalls, forests, market towns and the highest peak in southern Britain
- The Wyeside Arts Centre features live art events such as theatre and music as well as cinema screenings
- For Children there is Small Breeds Farm Park and Owl Centre in Kington
- Cantref Adventure Farm offering indoor and outdoor farm-based fun and The Play Barn at Brynich
- Canoe down the River Wye from Glasbury to Hay-on Wye
- Horse Riding at Ellesmere Riding Centre at Llangorse
- The Red Kite Feeding & Rehabilitation Centre at Rhayader
- Explore the stunning lakes in the Elan Valley – bikes for all the family are available to hire from the Visitor Centre
- Tretower Court and Castle
Our yurts sleep up to 5 people each
From £80 – £125 per yurt per night regardless of the number of guests
Minimum stay of 2 nights
Sorry but we can’t take dogs
Open from April to September