Glamping Wales Herefordshire Border
Glamp in one of two luxury and secluded log cabins with balconies and enclosed gardens four miles above the town of books Hay-on-Wye in the glorious Wye Valley. Hay on Wye is renowned for its annual literary festival, but there’s more to Hay than that. It is a pretty and bustling town at the foot of the majestic Black Mountains with the river Wye running through. The town is crammed with boutiques and book shops, with excellent restaurants and cafes. There’s an independent cinema, a castle and a thriving arts scene. If you’re looking for adventure, a stay in or around Hay will scratch that itch. Canoeing, cycling and hiking are just on the door step
There are several great pubs in area including The Roast Ox in Painscastle or just a couple of miles down the lane The Rhydspence – both offer great hospitality and food. The closest place for a pint of milk or a newspaper is the local shop and garage in Clyro two miles down the hill.
Guests are also welcome to bring well behaved dogs
DROVERS LODGE – Sleeps 5
- Double bedroom with an en-suite shower room
- Twin bedroom
- Single bedroom
- Family shower room
- Open plan living area with a kitchen with an electric cooker and hob, microwave, dishwasher, washing machine and tumble dryer.
- Dining table and chairs and comfortable sofa and easy chairs
- 32″ TV with Free Sat
- Wood Burning Stove
Wooden balcony, BBQ and enclosed gardens
- Linen and towels
- Central heating and electricity
- Logs for the wood burning stove
- Private Parking
- Secure Bike Store
You will be located in a peaceful and quiet location with superb panoramic views over the well kept fields across The Wye Valley. Explore….
- The Welsh Marches
- Herefordshire Border countryside
- The Brecon Beacons
- Black Mountain
- The Malvern Hills
- The Offa’s Dyke Path runs just a few hundred meters from the farm
- Hay-on-Wye famous for The Hay Literary Festival is held in May every year and the many second hand and antiquarian book shops and art galleries. The Richard Booth Book Shop is to be recommended with the cinema and cafe. With, of course, numerous interesting pubs and restaurants, boutique and vintage shops.
- Hire a Mountain Bike
- Hire a Canoe
Jim the owner of the lodges is himself a keen fisherman and is very familiar with fishing on reaches of The Middle Wye for Barble, Trout and Salmon. Permits are available through The Wye and Usk Foundation. Jim is always on hand to have a chat about fishing and they offer secure storage for fishing equipment and a drying area for wet nets and clothing. They also have a bait fridge/freezer. They are also happy to supply an Anglers hearty packed lunch.
From £295 for a Short Break
From £495 for week long breaks
Pets £20 per pet
To sleep 11 guests, 2 lodges (see Shearers Lodge) can be booked together and receive 10% discount
DISCLAIMER The information displayed about this business is a advertisement. Love Glamping makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information. The information on this business is provided and by the business named on this page.