Glamping Wales and Herefordshire Powys Border
Wild Meadow in Wales, on the Herefordshire Powys border is the most perfect place to unwind and relax. The shepherd’s hut is nestled in over three acres of meadows and orchards with stunning views across the valley. The hut is well insulated, spacious and has a wood burning stove for those cosy evenings.
Here kites and buzzards soar in the skies and you may even see deer enjoying the fruit area! In the summer dragonflies scoot over the pond and the wildflower meadows will be in full bloom.
Whether you are having a romantic meal for two under the stars, or toasting marshmallows over the fire with your friends or family, you really will feel as though the modern world is a million miles away. There is plenty of private space around the hut so you can have just the holiday you planned. Many guests love it here and return every year. We would love to welcome you soon.
The hut is comfortably furnished with
- A mixture of handmade and vintage furniture
- Double bed with deluxe mattress
- Two fold out camp beds for children/extra guests
- Table and chairs
- Bookshelf, Ordinance survey map, toys and games
- Large storage area under the bed
- Wood burning stove to ensure that you remain cosy, even on those chillier nights
Right beside the hut is your private kitchen and dining area with
- Locally sourced ingredients for your first morning’s cooked breakfast
- Gas cooker and grill
- Dining table with 4 chairs
- Double sink and hot water
- Crockery, cutlery, pots, pans
- Complimentary tea, coffee, sugar, cooking oil, condiments, and herbs and spices
- Washing up liquid, cloths, t-towels
- Outdoor games such as badminton
You can also create your culinary delights over the fire – you have a fire pit and a kotlich and griddle to hang off a tripod – enjoy experimenting! Wood supplied
You also have your own private hot shower block, wash area and toilet
Tumble drier and hairdryer available down the slope and wifi available on site
WHAT TO DO
Under a mile from Wild Meadow, Presteigne is a thriving town with cafes, restaurants, four pubs and an eclectic array of independent shops. Presteigne has a fabulous network of biking and walking routes and there are many footpaths that radiate from the front door and join with Offa’s Dyke path. Nearby towns include Ludlow and Hay on Wye and within just over two hours you can be at the stunning sand dunes of Ynylas lass or the seaside town of Aberystwyth. Just down the road is a fabulous farm park and owl sanctuary, waterfall areas and wild swimming.
At Wild Meadow there is a pond for pond dipping, large swings, plenty of fruit and vegetables to harvest and meadows to wander through. The skies here are dark so star gazing is also a popular past time!
From £150 for 2 nights
Complimentary ingredients for your first mornings cooked breakfast is supplied.
The Shepherd’s hut is totally able to offer Social Distancing and has all its own facilities and none are shared.