Glamping Isle of Wight
Glamping The Wight Way is in cosy canvas safari lodges set within gorgeous private surroundings near Freshwater on The Isle of Wight. Our two (soon to be four!) stylish canvas lodges have ski-lodge inspired interiors and bi-folding doors to the deck from where you can see spectacular sunrises, mists over the river and birds in flight over the fields. The lodges have three bedrooms with Egyptian cotton sheets & towels, all seasons duvets and private outdoor showers. Our wooden furniture, kitchen & fittings is handmade by local craftsmen with 90% of the wood sourced from the Isle of Wight. Although we are off grid, we do have fixed point solar powered lighting in each room and 4 solar powered USB charging points in each lodge.
The glampsite is situated on a mixed arable and livestock working farm of approximately 1500 acres around the saltwater tidal River Yar estuary. An exciting environmental habitat with extraordinary biodiversity. Just 1 mile walk through fields amd woodland will take you to the historic harbour town of Yarmouth. The entry to the port is overlooked by the ancient Yarmouth Castle.
We are centrally located to a good selection of eateries, bars, pubs, cafes, take aways, shops and facilities. All are within easy reach including chemists, a petrol garage, Sainsbury local and the flagship CoOp store, all less than 2 miles away in Freshwater or Yarmouth.
The bedrooms of the lodge can be separated from the main area by a heavy curtain to create a cosier atmosphere for early sleepers and late night monopoly players. There are three bedrooms including
- Two doubles with king-sized beds (one can be split into twin beds)
- Bunkroom with extra long bunkbeds (the increased head-height is suitable for adults). The bottom bunk has a removable safety bar for small children
- Over-sized duvets
- Egyptian cotton sheets
- Soft throws and blankets
- Sheepskin rugs
- Hot water bottles
- Clothes hanging space
- Gorgeous mirror and bedside tables
- Under bed storage, still leaving room for your suitcase
LODGE KITCHEN AND DINING
The rustic charm of the handmade kitchen, shelves and cupboards were created by our local craftsman, right down to the Hazel handles. The kitchen is well equipped with
- Large cast iron wood burner becomes the heart of the lodge providing your heating and cooking oven with its hot plate doubling as a hob
- Gas hob for that very important quick cup of tea
- Gas-fired fridge with small freezer section for ice cube trays
- Butler sink
- Falcon enamel tableware, melamine tumblers and heavy glassware
- Pots, pans and utensils
- Long handmade wooden table has sheepskin covered benches providing plenty of seating for those sociable feasts
- Starter kit including hand towel, tea towel, hand wash, washing-up liquid, dishcloth, bin bags, dishcloth, foil and kitchen roll
- Some condiments including salt, pepper, olive oil, herbs, spices, tea, coffee, hot chocolate & milk
LODGE LIVING AREA
Gorgeous natural light floods into your tented safari lodge through the bi-folding doors and gable windows including
- Handmade nautical map coffee table
- The footstool is home to Scrabble and the Isle of Wight edition of Monopoly board games
- Wind-up, solar powered, battery powered & LED candle lanterns and torches (including head torches for night time adventures!)
- A pair of binoculars and bird watching guide
The sofa bed can be set up in this area making for a cosy space with gorgeous views of the sunrise
Not one but two flushing toilets in each lodge and lovely handmade wooden fittings as well as your own private outdoor hot shower – an invigorating and fun experience under the sky on your private decked area!
Bathroom and W.C. with
- Roll-top slipper bath and shower attachment
- Wide rustic washstand with a large mirror with shelving for your toiletries
- Flushing loo
- Solar lighting
The hot water is heated by the wood-burning water heater that keeps these rooms toasty warm and makes the whole lodge smell wonderful. We have fitted coat hooks & towel hooks so that there is a place for everything.
WASHROOM AND W.C. with
- Wide rustic washstand, towel hooks and a mirror
- Another flushing W.C!
- Starter toiletry kit including hand wash, bubble bath, shampoo, conditioner, gel wash and toilet rolls
DECK AND OUTSIDE
The elevated deck gives magnificent views of the river and surrounding countryside and includes
- Log seating for an atmospheric campfire
- Kadai firebowl
- The bbq rack, tripod and tray convert the fire bowl into a large bbq
- One large bag of bbq charcoal is provided to start you off with more available locally
- Behind each lodge you will find bike racks for 4 bikes (with space for more if you lock bikes together)
- Your own dry wood store area, stocked with enough wood for your stay
- Handy welly rack by the steps
Don’t forget to use the meadow behind the lodge field for a game of rounders or stargazing.
Yarmouth town although small, has some interesting independent shops including a deli, bakery, an Aladdin’s Cave of a chandlery/hardware store, various cafes and takeaways, restaurants, bars and pubs mainly around the town square. The old wooden pier features a cafe and an ice-cream parlour serving local ice-cream.
A walk or ride in the other direction along the river will take you to the pretty village of Freshwater, passing one of the Islands best pubs and prettiest of churches where some of Lord Tennyson’s family are laid to rest. Freshwater High Street is home to many independent shops, cafes and takeaways including a fish and chip takeaway, a greengrocer, baker. butcher, fishmonger, florist and bike shop.
Freshwater Bay is probably the most picturesque beach in West Wight. It is a popular stopping off point for those who like to walk the cliffs to Tennyson’s Monument and the stunning coastline rambles along to unspoilt, rugged sandy beaches.
Compton Bay is a best kept secret being two miles of contrasting golden and dark sands. Cowell Bay is a stunning beach offering spectacular views back across the Solent.
From £495 for a short break
From £945 for a 7 night stay
DISCLAIMER The information displayed about this business is a advertisement. Love Glamping makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information. The information on this business is provided and by the business named on this page.