Glamping The Peak District
Enjoy glamping in safari tented lodges at a secluded farm in the glorious High Peak District at Edale Gathering. Only a few hundred yards to the pubs and cafes of Edale village we are at the official start of the Pennine Way. Located next to a bubbling moorland brook on one side there is nothing but stunning views over dry-stone walled pastures and open moorland. Our open access land leads from the farm gate, so you roam where you wish.
Stay in a glamping haven with four luxurious tented safari lodges and a Victorian shooting lodge with Hypnos mattresses and Hotel linen to ensure a great night’s sleep. Wood burning stoves and cauldrons will keep you warm on chilly mountain nights, with dark skies revealing the Milky Way.
TENTED SAFARI LODGES – SLEEPS UP TO 6
Each lodge looks out onto dry stone walled sheep pastures with the moorland beyond and includes
- Double and two twin rooms with luxurious luxurious Hypnos beds
- Open plan kitchen/dining area
- Store cupboard essentials
- Lounge area around the wood-burning stove
- Maps and guides
- Roll top bath and shower with fluffy towels and bathroom cosmetics
Outside you will find…
- Veranda with comfortable outdoor furniture with woollen rugs
- Fire cauldron and gas BBQ
Your wood is delivered every morning for your fires, so you get to relax while we do the work.
From caves and castles to gentle walks and all day hikes, there is so much to do right from your doorstep you can happily while away your time in Edale without the use of a car, so perfect if you are coming by train. There are maps and itineraries in all the tents on your arrival but in the meantime here are some suggestions…
- The Peak District, a walkers’ paradise
- Cycle the networks of old railway tracks converted to stunning family friendly paths over viaducts and through the dales. Let us know if you need bike hire
- Extensive and challenging mountain bike trails and road routes for cyclists
- This area is internationally acclaimed for its rock climbing and caving. We partner with Acclimbatize if you wish to organise tutored activities in the area, paragliding and gliding clubs are just over the hill
- Use the little train to hop along to villages either side of Edale
- In summer the rock pools and waterfalls of Grindsbrook provide ample hours of fun
- Hathersage open air pool
- During winter months there are some awesome ‘natural’ ski slopes which can be driven to up the top of the valley
- The pretty gritstone villages of the Dark Peak, and the limestone villages of the White Peak offer pubs and cafes galore
- Chatsworth House
- Haddon Hall
- Wildlife and amusement parks within an easy drive including the extraordinary science park Magna in an old steel works
- Yorkshire Sculpture Park, Barbara Hepworth Museum in Wakefield and the David Hockney collection in Saltaire
- Jump on the train to Manchester (40 minutes) or head into Sheffield (35 minutes). Both cities are cultural hubs for their regions and proud of their heritage.
£172 per night per tented lodge for 6