Glamping The Cotswolds with Hot Tub
Little Country Houses in The Cotswolds offer a truly amazing glamping experience with a few added luxuries. Our two little wooden houses, which have been hand crafted, are located just outside of the North Cotswolds pretty village of Mickleton where there are a couple of pubs, a hotel, village shop, post office, greengrocers, butchers all within a 10 minute walk. Mickleton is also home to the World famous Pudding Club which is again only a 10 minute walk away. Just two and a half miles away is the beautiful wool town of Chipping Campden and Broadway and Stratford Upon Avon are also both within easy reach.
Little Country Houses is a family run business driven from our passion for the outdoors. Having run a small campsite for a number of years we decided to expand and add little houses so that more people could experience our fantastic setting. We are also a working farm and run a boarding kennel and cattery business, Longhills Farm Boarding Kennels, so if you are wishing to bring your dog you would be more than welcome to book them into the kennels for the duration of your stay. Although do pre-book as we do get quite busy! The houses are a sufficient distance from the kennels so they are not intrusive!
Our luxurious hand built micro houses provide the added touches to give you with a truly amazing glamping experience! The little houses have a comfy double sleeping loft with a stunning aspect window with views of the hill and woods behind. Downstairs you will find a micro-kitchen with double hob, cold water tap, fridge and the essential freezer box. There is an eco toilet located within the house and a comfy sofa bed which will sleep an additional 2 children or adults.
The real treat is the large wood fired hot tub, outside under our covered decks. Paired with this there is a cosy wood burner with grill and oven enabling you to cook a sumptuous supper before chilling around the fire with a cold beer or two!
THE LITTLE HOUSES
Our two little houses Daisy’s Den and Poppy’s Pad are located at the end of the small touring campsite within their own fenced areas providing privacy for our guests. The units will comfortably sleep 4 however are perfect for those looking for a romantic escape with a difference.
INSIDE you will find….
- Double mattress in the sleeping loft to enable you to have a cosy and comfortable night watching the stars from the beautiful aspect window as you drift off to sleep!
- Base sheet, 4 pillows and a double duvet are provided
PLEASE BRING YOUR OWN DUVET COVERS AND PILLOW CASES
- Comfy double sofa bed for those extra guests (with base sheet if required)
PLEASE BRING YOUR OWN BEDDING AND COVERS
- Micro kitchen with cold water tap to kitchen sink
- 2 Ceramic hobs so you can boil a kettle or do some basic cooking
- Fridge with Freezer compartment to keep all those essentials chilled and ice at hand for a quick G&T
- Breakfast bar with stools for those lazy mornings
- Basic Cooking Pans and Utensils
- Camping plates, mugs and the ever essential wine glasses
- Tea towel and cleaning products are provided
- Electricity socket with USB socket in sleeping loft to ensure your mobiles are fully charged
- Electrical sockets downstairs for any essential plug ins
- Electric Heater to keep you warm and toasty
- Eco toilet within cottage so you don’t have to dash outside in the middle of the night!
OUTSIDE you will find….
- Your own private wood fired hot tub (the water is changed between each set of guests and we do not add any chemicals). The hot tubs take approximately 3 hours to get to a useable temperature – we can pre light them but this will be dependent upon your arrival time
- Wood burner with grill and oven on the covered deck for those outside cooking experiences and a cosy place to sit and chill around the fire as the nights draw to a close
- Outside dining Table and chairs for 4
FAMILY SHOWER ROOM
We also provide a family shower room within a 2 minute walk of the houses
There are numerous tourist activities in and around the Cotswolds and the list below is a small sample to give you a flavour for the wide range of attractions and activities that are available.
WALKING: Most people who visit the Cotswolds do some walking, even if it is just a stroll to the village pub! The area contains some of England’s most beautiful countryside and there are over 3,000 miles of public footpaths, The renowned Cotswold Way starts at Chipping Campden approximately 2 miles from the cottages.
CYCLING: The Cotswolds is criss-crossed with quiet country roads and lanes, as well as more challenging mountain biking terrain, making it perfect for all types of cycling. Chipping Campden cycle hire hire bikes.
- Broadway Houses
- Chipping Campden
- Broadway Tower Country Park
- Stratford upon Avon
- Batsford Arboretum & Wild Garden
- Chastleton House
- Hailes Abbey
- Hidcote Gardens
- Snowshill Manor and Garden
- Sudeley Castle
- Warwick Castle
- Birdland – Park and Gardens
- Cotswold Farm Park
- Daylesford Organic Farm
- Gloucestershire Warwickshire Railway
- The Model Village, Bourton-on-the-Water
- Cotswold Motoring Museum and Toy Collection
From £150 per night for 4 people
- The houses have their own luxurious large wood fired hot-tubs for you to relax in however if you wish to shower there is a family shower room just a 2 minute walk away at the farmhouse. As well as your own eco toilet, there is also a flush toilet at the site entrance for your convenience
- The hot tubs are emptied, cleaned and refilled between every booking
- We operate a non-smoking policy in the Little Country Houses
- There is no wifi on site however most mobile providers now have good coverage with 4G being available locally
- Children are welcome on site however we do not recommend the houses for children under 5 due to the ladder, hot tub and wood burner
- Sorry no dogs (however we do offer kennels if booked in advance)
- There is no bedding provided for the double sofa bed so you will need to bring sleeping bags, duvets and pillows – a base sheet will be provided if this is being used. If this is not possible please contact us and we can make appropriate arrangements at an additional cost. You also need to bring your own duvet cover and pillow slips for the double bed
- Please bring your own Towels too