Glamping Surrey with Hot Tub
Heath Hall Farm offers glamping and a hot tub in a Shepherds Hut and Arc, as well as bed and breakfast in Surrey from a converted stable building around a central courtyard set in its own farmland with cattle, sheep, ducks, geese, chickens (rare breeds), dogs and cats. Sukey and Anthony Langdale have been running the Bed & Breakfast for more than 10 years. The atmosphere at Heath Hall Farm is extremely relaxed. Sukey and Anthony would like all their visitors to feel that the farm is “home from home”, and expect to see everyone on a return visit. You will have exclusive use of a hot tub/Jacuzzi in its own special house, the use of our tennis court (bring your own rackets and balls) and 2 bicycles to roam the countryside (bring your own helmets).
Heath Hall Farm is situated within easy striking distance of London (35 miles) Guildford (8 miles) and Chichester (15 miles) and is close to Charterhouse School, Midhurst Polo Grounds, Goodwood Race Course and Motor Racing Circuit, Petworth Park and the Yvonne Arnaud and Chichester Theatres. There is also excellent walking country on the doorstep and cycle routes nearby.
THE SHEPHERDS HUTS
Tucked away amongst delightful rolling Surrey countryside, the shepherd’s huts at Heath Hall Farm are perfect for a relaxing weekend or a longer break, ideal for unwinding and doing something different. You would have one sleeping/living hut and another shepherd’s hut converted into a lovely wood-lined, warm bathroom, all to yourselves. None of that “sharing a bathroom” with our camping! Have all the best bits of “outdoor” living without having to rough it one bit. The views from the hut are fantastic as we are situated on our own farm in the heart of the Surrey Hills, close to the Hampshire and Sussex borders.
- 14 foot long and 7 foot wide lined with pine, and having gone up four steps (with a hand rail)
- Small wood-burning stove on the right in the corner
- Kitchen – a cupboard with two doors that hide the sink (obviously with hot and cold water) and all the kitchen equipment. Microwave and a two-ring hob which can be placed on a table to use
- Everything you need is there, from pretty plates and mugs to saucepans and a waste bin, electric kettle and toaster
- Small drop-down table with 2 folding chairs to prepare meals or to eat at if the weather doesn’t allow you to be outside
- The bed is at the far end of the hut, 4’6″ wide by 6’6″. It has two mattresses so that you can make it into a sofa during the day. One mattress fits neatly under the bed
- Window at the far end and another one (openable) looking out over our fields
- Electric lighting and the wood burner will keep you warm and we also provide a small electric heater
- Outside table and chairs with a barbecue and a fridge enclosed in its own mini shed
The second hut is the bathroom: also lined with pine, it has
- Loo – a proper flushing one
- Heated towel rail
- A basin
- Full-sized shower (hot and cold water)
- Heater and a bench for your things or to sit on. It’s really cosy
Following popular demand, we have now made it possible to bring two friends/children (plus dog!) with you as we have added an “Arc” to the Shepherds Hut. The design is based upon a field shelter for horses made into a warm place to stay (fully insulated and heated). The Arc benefits from all the same facilities as the Shepherds Hut. It can only be reserved by those using the Shepherds Hut to keep it exclusive. We don’t want strangers sharing this unique experience – it is definitely more fun with friends or family. We know you will enjoy the Arc, with its very comfortable double bed, TV, coffee/tea facilities, and a fabulous view over the fields. We have added decking in front of the Arc and Hut to enable you to eat in comfort and enjoy the countryside.
JACUZZI HOT TUB, TENNIS COURT & BIKES
Next is the Jacuzzi/hot tub. It is a dream, in its own little house. It has a radiator, windows on 3 sides and double doors leading out onto some decking. You won’t be able to resist it and it is exclusively yours for the duration of your stay. In summer with the doors wide open or in winter snug as a bug.
TENNIS COURT AND BIKES
Why not play tennis, but please bring your own rackets and balls? You could use the two bikes we provide for you. Please look at the link to the cycle routes nearby. Walking in this area is fabulous as you can choose from the 7 square miles of Natural England’s common land or farm land and forestry in another direction. We are beautifully placed for site-seeing, with Midhurst only 20 minutes away, Windsor 30 minutes, the coast about an hour – again, look at the links to this website to see where you could visit.
Walking in this area is fabulous as you can choose from the 7 square miles of Natural England’s common land or farm land and forestry in another direction. We are beautifully placed for site-seeing, with Midhurst only 20 minutes away and Windsor 30 minutes.
SUPPER & BREAKFAST BASKETS
Sukey is happy to provide you with a supper basket for your first night. We know how difficult it is to leave your work or home and think about what or where you are going to eat on the first night. This would be a “cold” basket and an example meal could be mackerel pate, a quiche, potato salad and tomato salad and green salad – all home-made of course, with fruit for dessert. Please bring your own drinks as we are not licensed. Cost: £12 per head.
Also breakfast on the first morning is offered in the same way – in a basket delivered to your steps at a time that you say. Cereal, yoghurt and honey, brown rolls and marmalade and some fruit, coffee or tea, hot in a thermos. Cost: £5 per head.
Wonderful lunches & evening meals are available locally at: The Dog & Pheasant in Brook, The Wheatsheaf in Grayswood and The Three Horseshoes in Thursley, even on Sundays.
Bowlhead Green is superbly situated within the Surrey Hill area of Outstanding Natural Beauty. For those who enjoy walking there are seven square miles of land close by on Thursley Common which is a National Nature Reserve with abundant wild life. Forestry Commission land covers the hills behind the village and walks traverse local farmland. It is not far from many world famous sites such as Hampton Court, Windsor, Petworth House, Loseley House, Midhurst Castle, Farnham, shopping in Guildford, the theatres of Woking, Guildford and Chichester.
The coast is only one and a half hours away. Local walking is plentiful and varied. For sports lovers there are many golf courses nearby, polo to watch at Midhurst, swimming pools in the nearby towns of Haslemere and Godalming and Guildford, not the mention the tennis court at Heath Hall Farm. The River Wey navigation runs from Godalming through Guildford and on up the the Thames and boats, including canal boats, can be hired in Godalming.
Dogs by prior arrangement please, as guests must understand that all the “fowl” are free range, meaning that there are chickens and ducks round your feet every time you step outside!
£200 Friday & Saturday (2 nights)
£275 Friday, Saturday and Sunday (3 nights)
£300 Monday to Thursday (4 nights)
£525 Monday pm to Monday am (7 nights)
SHEPHERDS HUT AND ARC
£175 for (1 night)
£300 Friday & Saturday (2 nights)
£325 Friday, Saturday and Sunday (3 nights)
BED AND BREAKFAST IN THE STABLES ALSO AVAILABLE
SOCIAL DISTANCING STATEMENT
HEATH HALL FARM PLANS FOR THE DURATION OF COVID 19
1. As well as the bed and bath linen and towels being clean in the usual manner, I will be providing washed pillows and duvets before each visit.
2. The Huts and Arc and Hot Tub will be cleaned in the usual manner and then disinfected after each visit.
3. All kitchen equipment will be put through the dish washer together with barbecue utensils. Equipment for the ping pong table will be disinfected for each new visit, as will the bicycles. Guests are asked to bring their own tennis equipment, including balls.
4. I am asking my guests to put all their used linen (duvet covers, sheets, pillow cases), towels and bath mats and dressing gowns, including drying up cloths into the black bags provided to reduce my contact.
5. I am asking for payment to be made between banks and I will provide my bank details.
6. We will continue to follow the Government’s distancing advice, so if anyone should need to get in contact, please phone 07800 869005
7. I am not offering any breakfast baskets or suppers until further notice.
8. We are asking our guests to leave on the bed anything they have touched in the huts while staying with us so that we can disinfect these items, (torch, maps, etc.).