Rondebosch Ensuite Shepherds Hut offers glamping in Suffolk for holidays and short breaks from March to December. Our setting is close to the Suffolk Heritage Coast and surrounded by the Suffolk Coast and Heaths Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty. It’s is ideal spot for exploring the Bawdsey peninsula, Woodbridge and surrounding areas.
The coast at Shingle Street and the river Deben estuary at Bawdsey are a short drive away.
A variety of habitats from seashore to rivers, grazing marsh, salt-marsh, heath, pine forest and deciduous woodland host a wealth of wildlife to seek out and observe, with good access for cars, cycling and many pubic footpaths for those wishing to explore on foot.
The Shepherds Hut sits in a dedicated area of our mature one acre garden, having it’s own access gate off the front garden of the property and off road parking. PIR operated LED lighting illuminates the way from your vehicle to and from the hut during hours of darkness.
CURRENT COVID STATUS – There are currently no restrictions on bookings. Please refer to the COVID section at the top of our Terms and Conditions website page for further information on COVID related cancellations and refunds.
The compact, cosy Shepherds Hut provides a living/sleeping space with
- Microwave oven, kettle, toaster, crockery, cutlery etc and tea and coffee making provisions
- A refrigerator is housed in the kitchen unit
- Sofa bed
- Bed linen and towels
- Ensuite facilities comprising a shower, WC and wash basin
- Wood burning stove
- Fully insulated and heating provided by an electric panel heater and heated radiator for towels
- Mains water (hot and cold)
- The double power socket next to the window has 2 x USB sockets for charging mobile devices – Please bring your own multi-media devices for playing your music and radio choices using the blue tooth speaker provided in the hut
- A travel iron/ironing board are available on request
- Daily room servicing
OUTSIDE THE HUT
Outside there is a separate covered deck housing a gas BBQ for your use and of course there are a variety of hospitality outlets available locally and within a 10 – 20 minute car ride.
ADDITIONAL ON-SITE CHARGES
Replacement sets of towels
Fuel for wood burning stove
Fresh eggs(when available)
The following destinations and links were active at Jan 2022. Please do not hesitate to let us know of any changes you come across and indeed any additions to this page you would recommend.
- Anglo-Saxon royal burial site of Sutton Hoo
- Orford and it’s 12th century keep of Orford Castle
- Snape Maltings on the Alde River Valley, as well as the Concert Hall which amongst many other events, is home to The Aldeburgh Festival in June
- In Hollesley itself the Suffolk Punch Trust operates a breeding programme to protect the Suffolk Punch horse
- Thorpeness provides the opportunity to boat on the mere
- The Woodbridge Tide Mill offers an opportunity to see a mill where the water wheel still turns
- Long Shop Museum reflects the industrial revolution and the Garrett family business in Leiston
- Local RSPB has local reserves at Minsmere, Snape, Boyton and Hollelsey Marshes, Havergate Island and Snape and North Warren
- Down the road at Bawdsey there is a museum on the renovated Transmitter Block of the old Radar Station showing the story of RADAR (the use of radio waves to detect enemy aircraft) www.bawdseyradar.org.uk For walkers and cyclists a foot ferry operates from Bawdsey Quay to Felixstowe Ferry during the summer months
- The Sutton Hoo Anglo-Saxon royal burial site is a short drive away where you can discover the fascinating story of the ship burial of an Anglo-Saxon king and his treasure. www.nationaltrust.org.uk/sutton-hoo
From £76 per night for 2 people
2 night minimum stay
Start your Weekend break for 2 nights on Friday or Saturday or for 3 nights starting on Friday
Mid-Week breaks for 3 nights can start on Monday or Tuesday
Weekly breaks start on Friday
Sorry no pets, children or babies. Smoking is not permitted in the Hut or in the garden.
COVID-19 Amendments to Standard Terms and Conditions
Cancellations: If, due to COVID-19, a national or local lockdown is imposed and you or we have to cancel your holiday before it begins, we will refund all payments made by you to us. Where you have already begun your holiday and are obliged to cut it short for the same reasons, we will refund the rental for the remaining nights of your holiday.
If you or a member of your party experience symptoms of COVID-19 or discover that you have tested positive or are required to isolate due to close contact with a person that has tested positive and as a result you have to cancel your holiday OR if this happens and your holiday has already begun, you must advise us immediately and if already on site, make your way home as soon as possible. In these circumstances no refund will be made and we strongly advise that you purchase suitable travel insurance, which includes cover for COVID-19 related risks, at the time of booking your holiday.