Glamping Pods Suffolk
Barn Owl Glade on the Suffolk Norfolk border offers Glamping in pods and self catering cottages in a countryside location close to the stunning East Anglian coastline and not far from Southwold. Our four beautiful rustic new Glamping pods fit in to the rural landscape of our farm. Open all year the pods have a luxury timber interior, good headroom, are comfortable and warm and sleep up to 4 people. Guests will also have use of our heated indoor swimming pool and a communal fire pit making it a great glamping option for the family or groups.
EACH POD includes
- Kitchenette with hob, built in microwave, sink and fridge
- Folding dining table and 4 chairs
- Flat screen TV
- Double Bed
- Double Sofa Bed
- Deluxe En suite Bathroom including walk in shower, sink and wc
- Fully insulated with under floor heating system
- Double glazed doors and windows for warmth and security
- Full electrics
- An outside covered porch area with decking
Our heated Indoor Swimming Pool, open April to October is located slightly away from the accommodation areas of the site. It is well signposted and there is a WC and changing room adjacent to the pool.
Outside the Clubhouse there is a grassed wooden play area with climbing frame and swing for children
CLUBHOUSE and SHOP will include
Games room including a ‘console corner’ with a Super Nintendo entertainment system, dartboard, and board games
DVD library (to take back to your pod or cottage)
Information corner with desktop computer for Googling local amenities etc as leaflets and maps of local area.
Comfy chairs and tables sitting and browsing the internet (you will be provided with a code)
SMALL COUNTRY SHOP
selling basic items with a server hatch open 4pm until 6pm
a purpose built firepit with log seating surrounding, ideal for after dinner gatherings and marshmallow toasting
We are approximately 5 miles from the charming market town of Beccles with all the shops, pubs and restaurants one would expect including a beautiful river and quay area, a Lido and many independent eateries and boutiques. Beccles also has our closest two large supermarkets for all your needs and a train station with direct links to London and the coast.
Further afield there is plenty to do and see in the area including the spectacular Suffolk Heritage Coast and North Norfolk coastlines.
- Southwold, Beach, Town Centre and famous Pier
- Walberswick which is great for taking the children crabbing
- Coastal town of Aldeburgh
- Snape Maltings
- Minsmere Nature Reserve – home of BBC Springwatch Program
- Dunwich Woods and Beach
- North Norfolk including Blakeney and Wells-next-the-Se
- Historic city of Norwich with castle and cathedral and boutique shopping
- Somerleyton House and Gardens
- Fritton Lake
PRICES per Pod from
£60 per night when staying 7 nights plus
£70 per night when staying midweek 4 to 5 nights
£80 per night when staying weekends 1 to 3 nights
BARN OWL GLADE also has 2 self catering cottages, 1 with hot tub. Please enquire.