The latest glamping experience is staying in a romantic shepherds hut in the heart of Somerset and a true opportunity to experience nature in luxury. We are perfect for either a romantic break or just a well needed escape from the bustle of daily life. Situated on the borders of Somerset, Dorset and Devon and easily accessed by road and rail. The Shepherds Hut Retreat is a great base to explore all the South West has to offer, especially the World Heritage Jurassic Coast offering gems such as Lyme Regis all within a half an hour’s drive. We are blessed with an award winning gastro pub on the door step. The Lord Poulett Arms in Hinton St George has won both Gastro pub of the year and National dining pub of the year more than once!
THE SHEPHERDS HUTS
Set amongst the trees on the water’s edge are four luxury Shepherds Huts, each with its own private decking and fire pit. Inside each spacious Shepherds Hut you will find a beautiful bathroom and fully equipped kitchen, dining area and a comfy double bed along with DVD, DAB radio and WIFI.
Looking out you will catch glimpses of ducks paddling on the pond, buzzards circling Castle Hill and deer grazing in the field. If you have ever wanted to try glamping or stay in a shepherds hut then this is the place to come. Our high standards and truly stunning location mean that you really “experience nature in luxury “.
Each Shepherds hut is a spacious 20ft by 8ft with a fully fitted kitchen and separate bathroom. Everything has been finished to the highest standard with beautiful vintage styling. Our huts are a unique design that offer everything you would expect in a self catering cottage but in a beautiful shepherds hut.
All of the huts are: Surrounded by organic farmland, Powered mainly by a huge 50kw solar p.v bank, Fed twice filtered natural spring water, made from local timber and recycled materials and cleaned using eco products!
- Comfy double bed
- DVD player
- Dining area
- Electric Heating
- Plenty of storage
- Electric cooker with hob
- Insulated and double glazed
- Kettle and toaster
- Solid oak floor
- Arrival Hamper with complimentary wine, marshmallows, milk, biscuits, log basket and bbq
You’ll just need to bring your own bedding or hire a lovely set from us!
OUTSIDE YOUR HUT
Step down from your Shepherds hut onto the decking and have breakfast overlooking the water, then relax in a deck chair or hammock reading a book under the tree……. Now its time to light the barbecue have a glass of wine and finish by toasting marshmallows on the open fire. Life can be hard!
Available onsite is the WOODLAND SAUNA AND OUTDOOR SHOWER, a little slice of the rain forest in Somerset!
ON YOUR DOORSTEP
- Crewkerne, which is a market town situated 2 miles to the east and offers a range of supermarkets including Waitrose, shops, cafes and an indoor pool and gym complex.
- Hinton St George, a picturesque village situated 1 mile to the north, offers a village shop and an award winning gastro pub ‘The Lord Poullett Arms’.
PLACES NEARBY TO EXPLORE
- Lyme Regis
- Lunch at the Town Mill Bakery or the Mill Tea & Dinning Room
- Microbrewery and Art Gallery housed in an old water mill
- Dinner at Hix Oyster and Fish house while you watch the sun go down
- West Bay & Bridport, famous for being the gateway to the Jurassic Coast and now the TV series Broadchurch is only 30 minutes drive away
- The market town of Bridport has a thriving artist community
- West Bay has a stunning beach with golden cliffs
- Burton Bradstock home of Billy Bragg and the award winning Hive Beach Café
- Beaminster with its quaint square and lovely shops and eateries
- Weymouth is an hour away
- Montacute House
- Forde Abbey
- The South West Coast Path National Trail is 630 miles of superb coastal walking
Weekends from £200
Midweek Breaks from £180
Week Long Breaks from £495
PLEASE NOTE: We are unable to accept children or pets
DISCLAIMER The information displayed about this business is a advertisement. Love Glamping makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information. The information on this business is provided and by the business named on this page.