Located in the hamlet of Lower Vobster in Somerset, Glamping on the Hill is ideally placed for those looking to explore Bath, Longleat, Wells, Glastonbury and a host of small villages all under 30 minutes drive. The area has miles of walks, lots to get out and discover as well as enjoying the peace and quiet of our special hidden area of Somerset. You will be surrounded by nature. Imagine waking up to birdsong and hot Croissants off the wood burning stove! Kingfishers, ducks, moorhens, dragonflys, herons, roe deer, peregrines and otters are all frequent visitors.
Our two Authentic Mongolian Yurts Daisy and Buttercupo are a short walk up our hill that overlooks the beautiful Mells Valley. Cars are left in the Inn’s large car park. Both yurts can sleep up to 6 with a King size bed, pillows, duvets, fresh linen and towels all provided. Also featuring a wood burning stove, fire-pit, BBQ and induction hob make catering fun and easy. Each tent has a picnic hamper of crockery and utensils to swap on a dirty for clean basis so there is no washing up! However, situated at the bottom of the hill is also our award winning Inn, The Vobster where Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner and take away meals are readily available.
Prices also include tea and coffee, sugar, hot chocolate and fresh milk on day of arrival and enough stove wood for 24 hours.
Each yurt has its own private hot shower and flushing loo situated directly behind the Yurt.
All Bedding and Towels Provided
COMING THIS AUTUMN 2017 – SHEPHERDS HUTS!
Pip and Shaun, two en-suite, self catering Shepherd Huts will join our two Mongolian Yurts. Fitted with double bed, shower/toilet, wood burning stove, sink, fridge, gas hob, tv, electric radiator, fold down table, double insulated windows. Pip will be set within its own little cottage garden, Shaun will be at the top of the Hill with spectacular views over the Mells Valley.
We will keep you posted on our progress and when they will be ready for our guests to enjoy!
FOOD AND DRINK
All part of the fun is the outdoor cooking. Bring your own food and drink, or purchase these from us and have it waiting for collection from the Inn. With 24 hours notice we can also produce a menu of freshly produced meals for you to collect and enjoy in the comfort of your Yurt. We use local produce as much as possible, catering for all basic, and not so basic cooking requirements, and can order fresh Cornish fish and seafood for delivery the next day.
Good food should be accompanied by good wine, cider or beer and with that in mind we stock only the finest local beer & cider sold in bottles or carry away jugs.
Nearby Vobster Inn: Please check the Vobster Inn’s Opening and Closing Times
HENS ON THE HILL OR A GIRLIE GETAWAY
Glamping on the Hill awaits you, your hens or your getaway girlfriends for a stay filled with activities to suit everyone’s taste and budget. Fill your stay with as much or as little as you want. We must thank the Romans for discovering Bath as a thermal spa all those years ago, but even they would be astounded at how cosmopolitan the city has become!
We can arrange a host of activities, or if your thing is to just relax you will find we are the perfect spot to unwind from the pressures of organising the big day.
Accommodation for up to 6 in each yurt (12 in total) and extra space at inn if required.
Minimum numbers 10 for a 2 night stay
HEN AND GIRLFRIEND EXTRAS
Example costs include
- Afternoon cream tea on your day of arrival (Except Mondays) £8.50 per hen
- Glass of Cava per Hen £4.50
- Dinner on the night of your choice – Beef and Vegetarian Lasagne, Mixed Salads, Garlic Bread, Pudding £12.50 per hen
- Treatments in a Tippee by “The Beauty Room” including Indian Head Massage, Hopi Ear Candle Treatment, Manicures & Pedicures, Artistic Gloss, Gel Manicure and Pedicure, Cool Wax and Eyebrow and Eyelash Tints. Please contact Lucy for details on 07720611824
- We can forward Minibus Hire details
- All bedding provided, please bring your own Bath Towel
- Bath including The Roman Baths and Ghost Walks
- Wells Cathedral
- Bishops Palace Wells
- Cheddar Gorge and Wookey Hole
- Bristol Historic Harbour
- Avon and Kennet Canal
- Longleat Safari Park House and Gardens
- Outdoor Pursuits in the Mendips inc Kayaking, Climbing, Canoeing, Clay Pigeon Shooting
and Horse Riding
- Vobster Quay Dive Centre
- Lyme Regis
- Jurassic Coast (1 ½ hr drive)
- Cley Hill
- Take Rural Walks
- Bring your bike!
- Race up and down the hill and admire the views over the Mells Valley
- Put on your raincoat and take a Wellie Walk!
- Discover deer and badger tracks
- Lie in bed and listen to the rain drops and the crackle of your wood burning stove
- Use your Star Search App and Identify the constellations above
- Put your feet up with a glass of wine or Scrumpy Cider
- Watch the sun set
- Enjoy a candlelit dinner for two or as a family
- Watch the flames of your campfire
- Spot a shooting star
- Snuggle down under a the quilt to the sound of an Owl
From £80.00 per night for 2 people
3 to 6 people £30.00 per person per night
5 and 7 nights stays please enquire for special rate
A minimum 2 night stay applies to weekends, arrival on a Friday
Some dates may have a minimum guest number requirement.
Hens on The hill or Girlie Getaways
From £40 per girl per night
Well behaved and clean dogs are accepted, with basket and food available on request
DISCLAIMER The information displayed about this business is a advertisement. Love Glamping makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information. The information on this business is provided and by the business named on this page.