Just across the lane from Mowbarton Barn in Somerset is our glamping Shepherd’s Hut on its own separate and secluded site. The custom made hut is based on a traditional design but updated to an extremely high standard with a beautifully crafted finish. Set in a peaceful rural location surrounded by fields and our own five year old vineyard, the area is great for cyclists, ramblers, nature lovers, bird-watchers, historians and cider drinkers!
Mowbarton is also near Wells, Glastonbury, Wookey and Cheddar, and not far from the Somerset coast. So there is plenty to see and masses to do, plus we are very close to some of the county’s finest nature reserves including Sharpham Moor, Avalon Marshes, Ham Wall, Westhay Moorm and Shapwick Heath.
THE SHEPHERDS HUT
Set on a raised grassy area in a former farmyard, Mowbarton Shepherd’s Hut shares space with the vineyard store which houses the tractor and other equipment, sited on hard standing tucked away behind the Hut. The Shepherd’s Hut has its own secluded paved terrace which looks south over grass, trees and the Somerset Levels. This space has all recently been extensively re-planted and re-seeded and is flourishing with wild flowers and shrubs.
Beyond the paved area are grass and trees. There is also a meadow above the Shepherd’s Hut which makes a perfect spot for picnics and has some sensational views over the Levels. There’s even a table and chairs set up there to make life easy for you! A footpath through this area and into the next field takes you towards Wedmore (30 mins walk)
INSIDE the Shepherd’s Hut includes
- Log-burning stove for heating with logs and kindling
- Bench seating for four (with storage space) plus polished oak table which converts neatly into a superbly comfortable double bed
- Bed linen and towels
- Kitchen area including small fridge, sink, double hob, work unit, cupboard and drawers
- Hanging cupboard
- Door to compact bathroom with toilet, hand basin and shower cubicle
OUTSIDE you fill find
- Steps up to Shepherd’s Hut
- Spacious and secluded terrace with table and chairs
- Two sun loungers with cushions
- Small storage shed for logs, suitcases etc
- Chimenea for cooler evenings
- Car parking area behind the Hut (plus vineyard shed which can be used for cycle storage on request)
From £60 – £90 per night
Weekly rates from £350 – £600
2 nights minimum stay
Sorry no pets
Please note: steps up to the terrace and the Shepherd’s Hut itself is unsuitable for wheelchair users or those who walk with difficulty.
SELF CATERING ALSO AVAILABLE AT THE BARN for up to 8-9 people
DISCLAIMER The information displayed about this business is a advertisement. Love Glamping makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information. The information on this business is provided and by the business named on this page.