Sweeney Farm with Glamping in Shropshire is nestled at the bottom of Sweeney Mountain only 3 miles from the market town of Oswestry. Helen and Brian run the organic dairy farm which supplies organic milk to a local Shropshire cheese maker. In addition to our cows, the farm also rears a small flock of sheep and kune kune pigs.
Sweeney Farm is proud of their environmental credentials and the fact they are a carbon zero, organic dairy farm. Renewable energy sources are used to power the farm in the form of solar panels and a wind turbine and our safari tents are completely powered by solar energy.
ECO GLAMPING SAFARI TENTS
There are 2 safari tents available, Mountain Lodge and The Pump House lodge sleeping up to 6 people with a fully equipped kitchen, comfy beds, bathroom and a spacious living area with log burning stove.
Overview of Safari Tents
- 3 separate bedrooms including one double, one twin and one bunk bed
- All bed linen and towels
- Bathroom with flushing toilet, sink and shower
- Kitchen with sink, hob, fridge and microwave
- Sofa and dining area
- Electricity, lights and hot running water
- Wood burning stove (first basket of logs provided with additional logs to be purchased)
Outside you will find….
- Veranda with seating
- Fire pit and BBQ
Food and drink, warm clothes, wellies and sunscreen.
Sweeney Farm is located at the gateway to Wales and within easy reach of the Snowdonia National Park. Things to do and attractions include
- Market town of Oswestry with it’s ancient hillfort is only 3 miles away
- Historic town of Chester
- Offa Dyke Path
- National Trust properties including Powys Castle, Chirk Castle, Erdigg Hall and Attingham Park
- Lake Vrynwy
- Pistyll Rhaedr Waterfalls
- Shropshire Union Canal
- World Heritage Pontcysyllte Aqueduct
3 night Weekend (Fri-Mon) – £300
4 night Mid Week (Mon-Fri) – £300
7 nights – £600
Please note check-in days are only Fridays and Mondays, however, if this isn’t convenient please get in touch and we will try to accommodate you.
1st March – 31st October