Enjoy a totally relaxed glamping getaway in Scotland in an authentic yurt, or choose a cosy, romantic shepherd’s hut. Unwind with the freedom offered by 25 acres of natural woodland. Your unit at Woodlands Rest, in the heart of the Aldroughty Woods, is beautifully and stylishly furnished for true holiday comfort. It offers you spacious, self-contained and fully equipped camping luxury. Each have a wood-burning stove, and candles and low-voltage lights complete the cosy and romantic ambience offered by the unique experience of a holiday in the forests of North-Eastern Scotland.
Your woodlands hideaway is situated among thousands of beech and ancient oak, birch and pine trees, Woodlands Rest is the perfect place to unwind and relax.
4 star green pennant AA rating
YURT & SHEPHERDS HUT
Your unit is about a 100m walk from where you park your car. Well-equipped kitchenettes with gas hob and oven, in addition to barbeque facilities, means meals are easy and quick to prepare.
The private bathrooms are environmentally friendly, with a 12v shower and an eco-friendly compost/chemical toilet. Units are serviced and cleaned daily, dustbins emptied and recycling taken away.
- Queen size double bed
- Bunk Beds in the yurts too
- Linen and towels included
- Wooden, carpeted floor
- Rugs & cushions
- Wood-burning stove
- Free firewood & BBQ charcoal
- Power to charge telephone and laptop
- Private bathroom and kitchenette
- Coolbox, with icepacks changed daily
- Tea, coffee and condiments supplied
- Radio’s and torches
- DVD’s & CD’s – bring your laptop – also magazines and books
- Use of two bicycles (free)
- Pets welcome by arrangement
BREAKFAST IN BED
Meals can be ordered at £25 per couple, if you don’t feel like cooking. Home-made meals, breakfast, a hamper or picnic basket, or an authentic BBQ, African safari style, are all available on request. The owners, a husband and wife team and former restaurateurs, are happy to serve you breakfast in bed. The menu’s one you choose, and locally sourced ingredients are used, organic where possible. Meals are prepared in the woods, served fresh and while it’s hot.
In addition, individual preferences are catered for, including vegetarians and vegans.
THE WOODLANDS HIDEAWAY… yet close to city life
The privately owned woodland is known to be the home of deer, badger and fox. Every day here we see roe deer and red squirrels. The woods form part of thousands of acres of indigenous and amenity woodlands, where you’re free to roam and enjoy the rich natural wildlife.
However, you’ll hear the sounds of civilisation, as the historic cathedral city of Elgin is only a short distance away.
The nearest pub is a half a mile’s walk. Shops and everything offered by city life – numerous bars and restaurants, boutiques and supermarkets – are about a mile away. Moray boasts a rugged beauty and a rich history, with numerous attractions, including castles and various top-quality museums, on your doorstep.
Woodlands Rest is conveniently situated on the main bus and train routes between Aberdeen and Inverness. The bus service that takes you in a few minutes to the world-renowned Findhorn Foundation, situated in the beautiful coastal village of Findhorn, is almost door-to-door.
There are malt whisky distilleries open to visitors in every direction, and the Highlands and Islands are within easy reach by car.
Airports and car hire as well as regular train services are available from both Inverness to the west and Aberdeen to the east.
THE AREA & ITS ATTRACTIONS
- Several top golf clubs and links courses to choose from in the immediate area.
- Fly-fishing for Salmon or brown trout on the rivers or at Lochindorb, a free loch
- Burghead harbour and Sea-fishing and dolphin spotting, as well as the famous white, outstretched beaches and picturesque fishing villages along the outstretched coastline of the Moray Firth, are a few minutes to the north.
- Great touring base – Moray boasts a rugged beauty and a rich history, with numerous castles and various top-quality museums on your doorstep.
- Nairn Museum
- Elgin Museum, one of the oldest independent museums in Scotland
- Falconer Museum in Forres
- Some excellent museums in many of the surrounding fisher towns such as Buckie, Lossiemouth and Nairn.
- Kinloss Abbey
- Cycle to the beautiful, tranquil Pluscarden Abbey nearby.
- Specially built cycling trails and tailor-made hiking paths are found all over Moray
- Culbin Forest
- Cairngorm National Park
- Speyside Way
- Outdoor adventure playpark situated in the forest at Carbridge.
- Tennis, clay pigeon shooting, skiing and horse riding.
- Viking Festival, Dufftown.
- Loch Ness
- Macbeth’s castle
- Distilleries – No matter what your favourite Scotch brand or brands – Bell’s, Dewar’s, Johnny Walker, Aberlour, various distilleries owned by the Chivas Brothers – they all are on your doorstep when you holiday in the woods.
WHAT THE MEDIA SAY
“Woodlands Rest is beautifully and stylishly furnished and offers spacious, self-contained and fully equipped camping luxury.” – Surprise yourself! – VisitScotland
“More than 50% of what makes Woodlands Rest was created using recycled and reclaimed material … the glampsite offers a unique experience at affordable rates – camping in a low-impact environment, with a touch of luxury.” – GoGreen Magazine
” … lovely little touches, such as fresh fruit and shortbread … even painkillers (practical after touring the local distilleries!) … all you need … wood and charcoal is refreshed every day.” – Scottish Field Magazine
“Thanks for a great relaxing stay – every need catered for, couldn’t have asked for more. Marius, thanks for yummy breakfasts and for being a great host. See you soon!” – Karl & Sheila, Aberdeen
“Love the yurt. Love the view. Love the bed. Love the stove/burner. Thanks a lot!” – Karl & Nathalie, Amsterdam
“Lovely woodland interlude to our honeymoon. Enjoyed champagne by the fire & squirrel spotting!” – John & Emma, Nairobi
“Loved the surprise, loved the whole experience. All the comforts of home out in the wilderness. Loved Findhorn & the surrounding area too. Our friends have to experience this!! Ps: Felt a bit like Genghis Khan!” – Jo & Gregor, Edinburgh
Sleeps 2 adults from
£190 for the weekend
£250 for the midweek (Monday through Thursday, check-out 11am on Friday)
£340 per week
Kids under 12 stay free
THE SHEPHERD’S HUT
Sleeps 2 adults from
£160 for the weekend
£205 for the midweek (Monday through Thursday, check-out 11am on Friday)
£275 per week
DISCLAIMER The information displayed about this business is a advertisement. Love Glamping makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information. The information on this business is provided and by the business named on this page.