The Highland Bothies offer a luxury Glamping experience in Scotland overlooking Ullapool and beautiful Lochbroom in Wester Ross on the stunning north-west coast. We are a family run and owned enviromentally friendly business with a small herd of sheep and our Shetland pony, Casper. There is often a herd of wild deer roaming the hillside directly behind the Bothies as well as buzzards flying overhead. Our aim is to help you to enjoy and appreciate our surroundings. We are available to contact throughout your stay and are happy to provide information or advice to ensure that you make the most of your time here.
The Highland Bothies are in the perfect location for you to sit back, completely relax and take in the wonderful views of Lochbroom, the mountains of An Teallach and Beinn Ghobhlach and out to the Summer Isles. You can take a stroll around the local independent shops, plentiful coffee shops, bars and art galleries and the busy harbour of Ullapool.
Further afield find the golden strands or hidden bays with gleaming white sands to rival any Caribbean beach when the sun shines, and the iconic mountains of Assynt are a must-see, whether you are a climber or not, and are just a short drive away. With all this breathtaking scenery it’s little wonder that the area inspires photographers, artists, geologists, cyclists, walkers, climbers, divers, sailors, rowers, snorkelers, wild-life watchers and wild swimmers.
The Bothies are set on the hill-side offering you unspoilt panoramic views of Lochbroom and the hills surrounding the village of Ullapool below you. The two cosy and comfortable micro-lodges which are open all year include under floor heating, shower and toilet, small kitchen and sleeping up to 5. Enjoy breakfast outside on the decking, or watch the sun set as your dinner cooks on your BBQ. Light up your fire-pit and enjoy a glass of wine or toasted marshmallows, as you cosy up next to the flames and sit back to look at the stars.
An Teallach Bothy and Beinn Ghobhlach Bothy includes
- Comfortable double bed for two adults
- Double sofa bed suitable for two children or one adult
- Bedding and towels
- Shower and toilet
- Small kitchen with kettle, toaster, electric hob, microwave, sink, crockery and cutlery
- Highchair, travel cot and bedding can also be requested at the time of booking only
- Underfloor heating
- Spacious Decking
- Outdoor table and chairs
- BBQ (Please let us know at the time of booking if you would like to purchase charcoal, logs and kindlers)
- Designated parking area a short walking distance from the Bothy
Only Beinn Ghobhlach Bothy accepts dogs
- Ullapool is famous for it’s festivals including the Book Festival in May of each year, The Junior Feis in April and the Adult Feis in May, our ever popular Beer Festival, local Music Festival “Loopallu” in September and the local Guitar Festival
- Hill walking in the several Munro’s around us, as well as plentiful smaller hills
- Local boat tours that go to the the close by Summer Isles where ups may see Seals, Dolphins, Whales and Sea Eagles
- Range of Snorkel trails in the surrounding area as featured on Country File
- Local Sea kayaking school for all levels from beginners to experienced hands
- Numerous great walks
- The Highlands is famous for it’s Munros and you are in the perfect place to “bag” a few on your stay such as An Teallach (10 peaks – 2 munros), Suilven, Beinn Dearg, Ben Wyvis and Stac Pollaidh
- Some great Beaches including Achnahaird, Clatcholl, Oldshoremore, Achmelvich Big Sands Gairloch
- Fishing lochs
- Ardvreck Castle
£600 per week based on 2 Adults sharing
Extra £10 per night per additional adult
Extra £5 per night per child
Dog charges £5 per dog (max 2 small dogs)
Maximum 2 adults & 2 children (under 16) or max 3 adults