At Ardgay Glamping on the beautiful Kyle of Sutherland area of Scotland we have two luxury pods for you to experience. Located in the quiet, rural village of Ardgay, within the world-famous North Coast 500 scenic route, we are perfectly positioned to enjoy visitor attractions and a variety of outdoor pursuits. Set in an orchard of a former farm we are just 400m from Ardgay railway station and 200m from the village’s main bus stop. The Pods offer outdoor BBQ and cooking facilities under cover. The outdoor seating is the perfect place to relax in the tranquil surroundings after a day of exploring the local area.
Our pods are ideal for a comfortable and sophisticated glamping experience keeping the connection with the outside space but offering the facilities of a quality hotel room. Sleeping between 2-4 people, our spacious bespoke pods have been designed with modern luxury in mind. The pods are well insulated, the patio doors and the rear opening window have double glazing and there is thermostatically controlled heating in the kitchen/living area for year-round comfort.
The Pods named, Kyle and Struie features:
- Double bed with pocket sprung mattress and under bed storage, touch lamps either side
- Towels and bedding – anti allergy duvets and Egyptian cotton sheets
- Small cupboard
- Plug sockets with USB points
- Lounge area with sofa bed (can be used as single or double bed)
- Wall mounted Freeview TV
- Free Wi-fi
- Dining table with seating
- Kitchenette with solid oak work surface and storage cupboards
- Halogen hob, fridge/freezer, kettle, toaster and microwave
- Welcome pack: Tea, coffee, sugar, salt & pepper, oil & balsamic vinegar
- Kitchen paper and toilet paper
- Toilet and shower room with shaver point and heated towel rail
- Large square head drench shower heated by LPG
- In front of each pod is a large decked area with outdoor dining table and chairs. You may also have the opportunity to spot some local wildlife such as deer and red kites
- Outdoor BBQ
- Outdoor cupboard for boots and outdoor coats
Ardgay is a small village on the South West shore of the Dornoch Firth, Sutherland in Scotland. The nearby village of Bonar Bridge is 1 mile south and lies at the entrance to Strathcarron, the valley of the River Carron at the mouth of the Kyle of Sutherland.
In the centre of the village there is a Market Stone which was reportedly moved from Parish to Parish in former times as it marked the site for the local market. Ardgay is located only a short drive from the Royal Burghs of Tain and Dornoch. The latter has a world-class golf course and a glorious beach. Ardgay is within easy reach of the market town of Dingwall and the city of Inverness, with its excellent leisure and shopping facilities.
Located nearby are several woodland walks and forest trails where you can enjoy walking or mountain biking. There is boating/canoeing and fishing on the nearby Kyle of Sutherland including numerous rivers and lochs. You can enjoy a game of golf at the excellent Bonar Bridge Golf Course dubbed the ‘mini Gleneagles.’ You could even try your hand at stalking with the Highland Shooting Centre. You can visit Croick Church, a poignant reminder of the Highland Clearances. There are a range of local whisky distilleries nearby, including Balblair, Glenmorangie, Dalmore and Clynelish distilleries.
£80 per night per pod
Social Distancing applies to Argay Glamping Pods and will be taking bookings from 15th July 2020.