Stay on a farm in Scotland’s beautiful Scottish Borders and enjoy the camping experience with a lot more comfort. It is an ideal place to stay for a walking or cycling holiday, within easy driving distance of Kielder Water and Forest Park and Kielder Observatory. Rock UK 7 Stanes mountain bike and activity centre in Newcastleton is approx 2 miles.
AbbotShire ‘Hobbit House’ Style Lodge sleeps up to 5 (4 adults or 2 adults and 3 children).
Live out your dream of the magical Lord of the Rings world in your own Scottish Borders shire. Enjoy a peaceful secluded location with stunning views. AbbotShire at Borders Glamping offers an off-grid feeling with some on-grid home comforts including:
- 2 bedrooms (one with handmade rustic king size bed, one with 2 singles and an extra fold-down mezzanine bed for a third child)
- Fully fitted kitchen with 2 ring hob, sink, fridge/freezer, microwave/conventional oven, crockery, cutlery, pots and pans
- Dining area with solid wood rustic dining table
- Living area with Chesterfield Sofa and chairs
- Woodburning stove
- Bog End Bathroom with shower cubicle, stone sink and WC
- Fire pit / BBQ area
- Garden with seating area and games
- TV/DVD Player in lounge and master bedroom
- Box set of Lord of the Rings DVDs
- FREE WIFI
Well behaved children and dogs welcome.
ALSO ON SITE The Reivers Retreat Cabin …. sleeping 2
What better place to bring your horse for a riding holiday than to the farm that was home to the legendary Lenamore for over 10 years. We have stabling for your horse with 363 acres of private land and miles and miles of forest tracks to ride around whilst enjoy the spectacular view of the Scottish Borders. A near Olympic size all-weather arena is also available for guests to use.
From £120 per night for up to 5 people (2 night minimum stay)
Dogs – £5 per stay (max 1, available when only 2 sharing)
Just to let you know that Abbotshire ‘Hobbit Style’ lodge and The Reivers Retreat are situated in solus isolated positions so we are already social distance ready.