Glamping Rutland and Leicestershire with Hot Tub
In the Stix is a stunning glamping location in England smallest county of Rutland, bordering Leicestershire. Our guests can reconnect with the great outdoors in our unique functional and luxury domes. Our domes provide all the conveniences you need but without losing the campsite classics of outdoor cooking and campfires. This is camping but definitely not as we knew it!
In the Stix is about spending uninterrupted time with your family, about leaving behind the stresses of work, the phones and tablets and getting back to nature. From the moment you arrive you can relax in your surroundings knowing everything has been provided for your convenience. All you have to do is enjoy spending time with your friends and loved ones in our sensational setting. Sit back and enjoy a glass of wine on the chesterfield leather sofa next to your log burner and appreciate your spectacular views.
We currently have 6 geodesic domes with their own personal Hot Tub, set in a beautiful valley, carefully positioned to achieve privacy, but not so far apart that you leave on Monday morning without having conversed with your neighbours. We aim to create a community in the countryside and would like part of your experience to be meeting new people and forming new friendships.
Our individually designed domes can sleep between 4 and 6 adults or children plus 2 cots. There is a unique mezzanine design allowing privacy for the bedroom and bathroom below whilst also providing a fun space above for up to 4 more guests to sleep. Beds can be made up to suit each individual party, as singles or king size or super king (we don’t believe in double beds!). You also have our very own bathroom with a flushing toilet and shower, sink and hot and cold running water.
The Ground Floor features
- An Entrance Porch for coats and shoes
- Chesterfield Sofa
- Log Burner
- Trunk Coffee Table full blankets and games
- Window with amazing views
- Master Kingsize Bed
- Curtain for Privacy
The Mezzanine level features
- 2 single Beds
- Sofa/Super Kingsize Bed/ 2 x Single Beds
Each dome has it’s own private field kitchen. It’s a separate structure next to your dome and will consist of a log burning oven for cooking and two ringed gas hob to enable that fast morning cuppa. Your family table and chairs are here for those outdoor meals and the kitchen is fully equipped with all cooking utensils, pots, pans, crockery and cutlery, kitchen roll, cling film, foil, bin bags, washing up essentials, tea towels and hand towels, are also provided.
All of our domes have beautiful wooden log burning hot tubs. Just light the fire and relax!
Rutland is a beautiful and often overlooked county due to it’s size. It is the smallest county in England but with such a lot to offer it’s visitors. Explore……
- Oakham, just ten minutes drive from the campsite is this pretty little market town steeped in history with it castle (actually a manor house!) and plenty of little independent shops and cafes,. Oakham market on a Wednesday and Saturday and a farmers market takes place on the 3rd Saturday of each month
- Stamford, another interesting old market town With its many cobbled streets
- National Trust’s Belton House
- Burghley House
- Grimsthorpe Castle
- Rockingham Castle
- Belvoir Castle
- There are great walks and runs straight out of the site and we back onto Exton Park without the need to see a road
- Open water swimming at Rutland Water
- Plenty of Cycling, Sailing and windsurfing, bird watching, fishing and golf
- Our favourite place to eat is our village pub, which is a very pleasant 10-minute walk from the site along the brook. Children and dogs welcome, a fantastic welcoming atmosphere and the most amazing food all on you door step!
2022 SEASON PRICES
Low Season 1st April – 30th April & 30th Sep – 14th October
Week 7 x nights £1160
Weekend 3 x nights £585
Week Day 4 x nights £585 * Offer* Pay for 3 nights get 4th night free of charge
Mid Season 30th April – 1st July & 2nd – 30th Sep & 14th – 31st October
Week 7 x nights £1260
Weekend 3 x nights £685
Week Day 4 x nights £685 * Offer* Pay for 3 nights get 4th night free of charge
High Season 1st July – 2rd September
Week 7 x nights £1385
Weekend 3 x nights £785
Week Day 4 x nights £785 * Offer* Pay for 3 nights get 4th night free of charge
*Couples discount* 20% off a 4 night midweek stay for 2 guests (sharing master bedroom) and up to 1 infant in a cot. (This does not apply in school holidays)
Prices include the following.
• A generous supply of logs for your ovens and log burner (additional logs can be purchased on site if required)
• Your own personal log fired hot tub is included at no additional charge (logs to be purchased)
• All your toiletries
• All your towels and linens
• A fully equipped kitchen with all the pots, pans, cutlery and crockery you will need. Also included are your kitchen basics, bin bags, tinfoil, cling film, kitchen roll etc.
Each dome has it’s own en-suite bathroom with hot and cold running water, a large shower, and flushing WC. The domes come with their own fully equipped kitchen with gas hobs and your own personal pizza oven.
COVID CANCELLATION PROTECTION – Book with Confidence
Our insurance, Master Cancel will allow our guests to book a stay after August 1st and if they should need to cancel for any reason (including us not being able to open and including Covid 19) they would get 100% of their money back.