Glamping Pembrokeshire Wales
Ty Parke offers yurt holidays and glamping in Wales minutes from the Pembrokeshire coast near St Davids. We are at the end of a long private lane, completely away from roads and civilisation where the sky is big, sunsets are amazing and the night times are very dark. We are a wonderful place for star-gazing and chilling out around a crackling campfire. Set in over 50 acres of farm and young woodland we have a limit of 4 yurts and ten camping pitches. We have a unique and friendly approach to glamping which makes for a personal holiday experience.
You will find a great atmosphere here with children playing, people relaxing, reading and chilling out. And every week we have a PIZZA NIGHT with delicious pizzas made by you and cooked in our wood fired oven.
Each of our yurts has been handmade by us and provides a luxurious alternative to camping, with double beds, wood burning stoves and fully equipped camp kitchens.
The yurts are set up to sleep a family/group of four but they will accommodate up to five. We can provide an extra single futon mattress for no charge and we can provide extra bedding/linen for a small charge, or you can bring your own.
WILLOW BANK YURT
This delightful 20 ft yurt is one of our three hideaway yurts, tucked away in its own private location close to a shallow babbling stream. From here you can explore the meandering paths through this wilder area of the farm, or help the children have fun damming the stream!
DINGLEY DELL YURT
This handsome 20 ft yurt is our most secluded and sited about 400 metres from the main facilities, on the wilder western edge of the farm. It is reached along its own private track that’s bordered by young alders. This is the place where you will see swifts, buzzards and from time to time red kites too. In the evening you might see our resident barn owl swooping over.
Foxgloves is our third hideaway yurt, sited in a great sheltered spot on the edge of an area we call ‘the rough’ and close to the shallow stream that forms the boundary of our land. In the summer the yurt is surrounded by first foxgloves and then rosebay willow herb, so it’s very colourful and inviting spot.
ASH TREE YURT
At 5.5 metres in diameter (18 feet), the Ash Tree yurt is slightly smaller than the three hideaway yurtsbut still sleeps four in great comfort. The yurt is located in a peaceful corner of the family camping meadow, where it gets the sun all day and is close to the facilities.
ALL OUR LOVELY YURTS include
- Wooden floor with rugs and sheepskins
- Double bed
- Two single futon twingles (these fold away to make seating during the day)
- Large wicker basket to store the twingle bedding during the day
- Two large wool blankets to keep you cosy on chilly nights
- Table (large in the hideaway yurts, smaller in the Ash Tree yurt) and chairs
- Wood-burning stove, a full basket of firewood, matches and eco-firelighters. First basket of firewood included – £5 per trug load after that
- Solar lighting
- Smoke alarm, CO2 alarm and fire extinguisher
Please let us know if you would like us to provide duvets, pillows and fresh linen (there is a charge for this).
FIREGUARDS AND FUTONS
If you have young children please let us know when you book so we can put the fireguard in. The yurts are set up for a family/group of four. If there are five of you, no problem – we’ll provide an extra futon mattress.
A few steps from the yurt is the camp kitchen equipped with
- Six-seater picnic table
- Full-width work top with two or four ring gas cooker
- Dinner plates, bowls, side plates and egg cups
- A variety of mixing/serving/salad bowls plus colander
- Knives, forks, spoons and tea-spoons
- Mugs, plastic tumblers and wine glasses
- A full range of cooking utensils, including saucepans and frying pan
- Kettle – can be used on the gas cooker or wood burner but not on the open fire!
- Veg peeler, grater, garlic crusher, bread knife, carving knife and veg knife
- Chopping board
- Salt and pepper
- Washing up bowl, washing-up liquid and tea towels
- Cool box and storage box for other food/drink (replacement ice-packs in the chest freezer up at the showers)
- Fire extinguisher, matches and/or gas lighter
- Solar powered lighting by night
OUTSIDE YOUR YURT
- Grassed area where you can bask on sunny days
- A solar shower close to the bank of the stream (and completely private) great fun on hot days
- Direct access wilder parts of the farm
- A campfire/BBQ area
- Two of our ‘stargazer seats’ so you can sit back and savour the night sky (Hideaway yurts only)
There’s no shortage of firewood for your campfire or wood burning stove. There’s a huge wood store up in the big barn and we sell locally made lump wood charcoal for your BBQ.
Discretely positioned a few metres from the yurt is one of our hand-crafted, dry composting loos. So now there’s no need for the dash to the main facilities! They work brilliantly but there are rules to be followed! Full instructions are provided upon arrival.
The shared facilities are approximately 100m from the Ash Tree yurt, 200m from the Foxgloves yurt, 300m from the Willow Bank yurt and 400m from the Dingley Dell yurt.
There are two really nice family shower rooms with loos, plus another separate loo. Hand soap and hand towels provided. Two washing up sinks, two small fridges, chest freezer (for ice packs) and a washing machine. A selection of books (some for borrowing, others for swapping) and a large information board with maps of the local area. There are plug points for charging mobile phones, batteries etc.
We’ve hardened up the tracks so that no matter what the weather conditions, you can always take your car down and park it just a few metres from the yurt.
We are just a few minutes drive from the beautiful Pembrokeshire coast, its unspoilt beaches and hidden coves. If this is your first visit, prepare yourself for lots of nice surprises! If you are returning, it’s time to discover more hidden gems around the coast. There are many activities you can try, such as coasteering, kayaking, body-boarding, surfing, cycling and pony trekking. Pembrokeshire is home to many fine artists who exhibit their work in the galleries around about. There are many great places to eat out and there is plenty of local produce.
St Davids is 7 miles away
Fishguard is 8.5 miles away
There is a nice convenience store at Square & Compass 3.5 miles away
WHAT WE SUGGEST YOU BRING
Warm bedding or sleeping bags (it gets cold at night). Alternatively just let us know and we will provide duvets, pillows and fresh linen (£10 per person). Towels, Slippers Wellies and waterproofs, food and drink, food storage containers, insect repellent, all your personal things!
A 3 or 4 night short stay is available from just £70 per nights and from £450 per week for 4 people
Duvets and fresh linen is not included but we can provide them for £10 per person
For the 2018 season we are open from Friday 4th May until to Monday 17th September
Sorry no dogs
DISCLAIMER The information displayed about this business is a advertisement. Love Glamping makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information. The information on this business is provided and by the business named on this page.