Want to know more about schlamping? Well, it is our own registered trademark name for luxury glamping in a cleverly crafted Shepherd’s Hut. Add to that a glass of fizz and you have the perfect little celebratory getaway.
Godwick is 11 miles from Wells-next-the-Sea and Holkham, so a short drive to the beautiful beaches of north Norfolk, but also within reach of the fine city of Norwich. With its own deserted medieval village and a host of good pubs within a short distance, Godwick is a great place to explore north Norfolk but still find peace, tranquillity and your own slice of rural heaven. With spectacular views, it’s a perfect place to unplug, recharge, and get away from it all.
Close to nature and set in 100-acres of unspoilt parkland, our three Huts offer accommodation that is both quirky and rustic, but also comfortable.
Our uber cool and cute Huts come with some fabulous mod cons and have lovely design features. Find oak wooden floors inside, with butler sinks, and narrow boat wood burners. There is also an en suite shower room with loo and washbasin; a kitchenette area with a mini fridge, microwave, and an oak work top; and of course a lovely double bed with a cosy fur throw. There is also an outside seating area with a wooden table and chairs, ideal for some stargazing without a hint of light pollution.
You can also add some extras to your stay, to make your schlamping that bit more special.
- How about a Continental Breakfast delivered to the Hut? (£15 for two. You can upgrade to bacon butties instead of croissants for £18 for two)
- Or a BBQ for those lovely summer evenings? (Comes with tools and coals for £5 per night)
- An extra trug of wood for the in-Hut wood burner (£5)
- Why not add a little extra magic to your stay and book our Stargazer package? You can gaze at the stars… as well as into each other’s eyes! The package includes a fire pit with kindling, and a basket of wood and two blankets. Sit outside with the warm glow of an outside fire, and we’ll even supply you with marshmallows and skewers to complete the experience. (£50)
- And not forgetting, a bottle of fizz chilling in the fridge for your arrival? (£20 a bottle)
Any extras can be settled with cash whilst you stay, and should be arranged before your departure.
Each Hut remains true to Godwick’s landscape that is dotted with sheep, so we have named them after three of our favourite sheep breeds – the Norfolk Horn, Herdwick Hideaway and Ryeland Retreat.
The Herdwick Hideaway is our dog-friendly Hut, so you can escape with your furry friend and go on a schlamping adventure! Please note that due to the size of the Huts we take only small and medium-sized dogs. We also ask that as Godwick is surrounded by a working farm that owners keep their dogs on leads when onsite and out for walks. There is a £10 cleaning charge if you bring your pooch.
Check-in time is from 4pm. Check-out is by 11am.
Prices start from £90 per night and are based on a minimum two night stay.