Get Away Hide Away is a small family-built and run glamping site tucked away in the beautiful Norfolk countryside in the small hamlet of Elsing. Stay in one our two wooden horse lorries, lovingly rescued and converted into cosy hideaways for couples and families to enjoy in their natural surroundings. Each has its own unique and quirky private composting toilet and shower, plenty of private outside space with a large firepit/BBQ decking and seating area.
Buried within the Norfolk wildlife, you’ll find the hidden off grid eco-friendly space. With half an acre of wildflower set outside the unit, the space is designed to be shared with nature, the perfect get away.
At the heart of our ethos is ‘sustainable living alongside wildlife’. In any one day you could see deer tracking, all sorts of bees and butterflies. Often many birds of prey such as red kites buzzards and owls can be seen hunting. If you listen carefully you can sometimes hear the clan of badgers as the venture outside their sett at night.
OUR GLAMPING LORRIES
Douglas is a uniquely restored and converted 1967 Bedford horse lorry and includes
- Kitchen area there is a 4-hob cooker grill, kitchen sink and worktop
- Cosy super king size bed
- Underneath there is a small bed tucked away, suitable for a child or small adult
- The sofa bench seat can make another cosy sleeping area (you’ll need to provide your own bedding if using the sofa bench)
- Lighting options and USB charging
- Wood burner
Take to the wheel and explore the restored drivers cab. A perfect place to note wildlife. Butterflies, roe deer, hare, badgers, hedge-hog, buzzard, red kite will all often be seen – Sometimes all just in one afternoon.
OUTSIDE You’ll find…
Just a few steps from the trucks rear door there is also a private modern shower unit and a separate, comfortable, well maintained compost toilet.
The loading ramp decking area provides the perfect setting for eating under the moonlit sky or taking shade under the boat sail from the sun and a perfect space for al fresco dining and includes
- Seating area
- Removable griddle
- Sizeable fire pit
Dixie is a repurposed horse lorry with lots of character and surprises hidden on her many levels. Set within its own half acre wildflower meadow with perfect views of the thriving and constantly evolving wildlife.
Inside Dixie you will find
- Kitchen with four hob grill/oven and fridge freezer makes for a well-stocked space for cooking
- A large Belfast sink, housed in locally sourced milled and worked wood
- Dining option with hand crafted and worked yew slab
- Large sofa bed at the rear of the lorry providing a comfortable and sociable space
- Wood burner
- King size top bed accessed via the oak library ladder
- Lighting options and USB sockets throughout
- Integral high-quality blue-tooth sound system
Set to one side of the lorry is a large luxury walk-in shower room. The space also plays host to the well maintained composting loo.
Leading up to the lorry is a wide climb of steps to enter on to the first floor covered deck. Another climb of steps takes you up to the top floor decking area. Towering four meters, above the surrounding landscape this deck is the perfect viewing platform to observe the site wildlife.
- Generous seating arrangement
- Large firepit
- Purpose made griddle
- Bbq tools
You can book our entire site for up to 14 people with four additional tents and room for six cars
With two acres of wild meadow fields to yourself, nested within the Norfolk countryside, the perfect family get away or friends get-together!
From £80 per night