Glamping Leicestershire with Hot Tub
Luxurious Glamping in Beautiful Rural Leicestershire – Winners of Visit England Best Glamping Destination in England
For unforgettable holidays and romantic escapes, The Dandelion Hideaway’s hamlet of gorgeous canvas cottages melt into endless acres of beautiful Leicestershire countryside.
With just six cottages there’s a treasured, intimate atmosphere where you can roam freely, explore the great-outdoors and enjoy nature. All the cottages nestle in a secluded meadow with oodles of space at the heart of the farm. A charming experience; the indulgence of luxurious glamping, with the promise of idyllic days, peeping into farm-life.
Swop the daily hurry for slowing down, collecting freshly laid eggs from the hens or just relax and indulge in the birdsong and starry nights. In the farmyard, you’ll discover the Old Cow Shed, home to reception, the coffee stable and shop.
AMANDA HOLDEN says…….. “We have had the best time; lots of fresh air, good food & fabulous fun”! after staying at The Dandelion Hideaway
THE CANVAS COTTAGES
Rabbit’s Warren, Mole’s Hill and Fox’s Den are nestled into field banks and have delightful far reaching views nearest to the field hen house. Hare’s Form is tucked away at the side of woodland perched a little higher and Badger’s Sett is tucked away on its own set in woodland. At the furthest private location is Bluebells, our cottage for two with a romantic hot tub. Bluebells comes with its own adjacent treehouse for two also so it’s perfect for families with older children (See details below).
The cottages sleep six; the accommodation is ideal for family and friends with two bedrooms, the third ‘bedroom’ is a double bed housed in a secret wooden cabin, always an attraction for the children.
The cottages are wonderfully spacious with
- High quality furnishings such as linen curtains and roman blinds
- Living area with a farmhouse kitchen dresser
- An old fashioned butler’s sink with brass taps and thick chunky wooden work tops
- Wood burning fire with an oven and stove top for preparing delicious breakfasts and late suppers and not forgetting the whistling kettle!
- Leather sofa to curl up on, two armchairs and coffee table
- Farmhouse dining table
- Luxurious en-suite bathrooms
EN SUITE BATHROOMS
The Dandelion Hideaway offers luxurious en-suite bathrooms. We are pretty sure that we are unique in UK Glamping with our wonderful bathrooms…all of the canvas cottages have a free standing roll top bath with a chrome shower as well and a separate sink and loo. And of course the absolute icing on the cake is the piping hot water for that luxurious relaxing bath in the countryside. No trudging along to a shower block or heating up hot water!
SET ON A WORKING FARM GUESTS CAN ENJOY –
- The Hen Coop – wake up to collect freshly laid eggs for breakfast
- Farmer Johns Walk, a guided tour of our working farm
- Milk the Goats
- Groom the Shetland ponies
- Birdlife – we actively support birdlife, having five acres of ground purely dedicated to wild bird cover and being members of the RSPB Volunteer & Farmer Alliance
- Spot Badgers at dusk from the nature hide
- Indoor Den for children
- The Old Cow Shed with farm shop and information centre
- Finish the day toasting marshmallows around the camp fire
Although some guests never leave the farm, you’ll find much of interest near The Dandelion Hideaway. From the site of Richard III’s demise at the Battle of Bosworth to the National Space Centre. Travel by steam railway, narrowboat, or cycle and discover great apes at Twycross. We have a good selection of local café’s, restaurants and pubs in Market Bosworth and one is just a stroll across the farm fields!
- Battle of Bosworth Heritage Centre & Country Park
- Twycross Zoo
- Conkers – the award-winning attraction at the heart of the National Forest, a unique mix of indoor and outdoor fun, adventure & discovery activities
- The National Forest Cycle Centre
- Shakerstone Railways
- Bradgate Country Park
- Triumph Visitor Centre
- The National Space Centre
- King Richard III Visitor Centre
- National Trust – Calke Abbey
- National Trust – Stonewell
- Great Central Railway at Loughborough for Steam Train Journeys
- Foxton Locks
- Melton Mowbray Market (sheep and cattle market on Tuesdays)
- Market towns of Market Bosworth, Ashby, Oakham and Market Harborough
- Warwick Castle
- National Memorial Arboretum
BLUEBELLS CANVAS COTTAGE WITH WOOD FIRED HOT TUB
Bluebells, the truly romantic place in the woods with a dreamy hot tub! Bluebells is located on the far edge of a small woodland spinney in the picturesque open countryside. This is a private location, with wonderful far reaching views, a real old-fashioned farm landscape with woodland, tall hedges, and patchwork quilt fields. Nothing gently whispers in your ear ‘relaxation’ like a wood-fired hot tub, a delightful way to relax, with loved ones … under the stars, peace interrupted only by owl hoots from the woods. Our hot tub nestles privately by the side of the woods, with fruit trees sprinkled around the landscape creating a beautiful English orchard atmosphere. Scented lavender plants add to fresh air and will help you relax, unwind and make your stay a peaceful escape.
We are the only glamping destination to have been shortlisted and won the prestigious, national VisitEngland Excellence Awards (Self Catering) in 2014, 2015 and 2016. Regionally, we are consistent winners at the Leicestershire Excellence in Tourism Awards (Self Catering) in 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015. A dazzling achievement. In 2015 we were presented with the VisitEngland ROSE award in Recognition of Service Excellence. This new award from VisitEngland is given only to a handful of properties nationally that are deemed to go the extra mile. The Trip Advisor story is the icing on the cake, having achieved the Certificate of Excellence every year since opening; 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015 and 2016. And in 2016 the Dandelion Hideaway was awarded one of Visit England’s first Gold certificates. This is the highest rating awarded for Glamping destinations, and one of only a handful to have been awarded in England.
Prices below are for luxury Canvas Cottages, all sleeping up to six
Weekend Breaks Fri – Mon £575 to £750
Midweek Breaks Mon – Fri £500 to £700
Week Long Breaks Fri – Fri £725 – £1150
Minimum stay 2 Nights at Weekend and 4 Nights Midweek
DISCLAIMER The information displayed about this business is a advertisement. Love Glamping makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information. The information on this business is provided and by the business named on this page.