Glamping Leicestershire and Rutland
A Little Bit of Rough luxury camping and glamping is set in 20 beautiful acres of private woodland at Spindleberry Woods nestled in a secret location in the heart of rural Rutland and offers a unique and exclusive holiday experience. Posh camp in our beautifully appointed large canvas lodges giving you the opportunity to get close to nature, appreciate the natural beauty of the surrounding countryside, immerse yourself in a simpler way of living and enjoy the many attractions the county of Rutland has to offer. Situated approximately 3 miles from the historic market town of Uppingham in the heart of rural Rutland. We like to keep our little secret exclusively for our customers so once you book we will provide you with details including map and directions, so you will find our hidden treasure.
OUR CANVAS LODGES
Our beautifully appointed large luxurious canvas lodges Oak and Ash are set in private woodland with far reaching views across a gem of a valley in Rutland. With the sound of wildlife, the rustling of leaves in the breeze, the crackling of the logs on the fire and laughter as the soundtrack to your stay, relax, unwind, talk, laugh and discover the delights our woodland has to offer. Gather to enjoy the fun of board game or make the most of the great outdoors with a game of hide and seek or Croquet, go on a bug hunt, build a den, have a boat race on on our wildlife pond Spindleberry Water and make wonderful memories. A short walk from the car parking area accompanied by your very own luggage cart to take the strain, our lodges will reveal themselves as you make your way down the woodland path.
The first of our lodges, Oak is hugged by trees on one side and our wildlife pond on the other so you can enjoy the embrace of our woodland as well as the spectacular views across the rolling Rutland countryside. You approach the second of our lodges, Ash through an avenue of cherry trees which leads you to the bridge to the front deck. Situated in an elevated position on the hillside Ash also enjoys views over the pond and lower woodland. There are amazing sun sets to be seen from your elevated deck with glass balustrade or the comfort of your lounge area. The lodges have great vantage points over the lower part of the woods so you can keep an eye on those little adventurers as they explore our mini maze and hunt for wildlife.
OAK AND ASH LODGES both include
- Lounge with comfy three seater leather sofa and woven poufs
- Trunk of delights filled with games and local information to keep you entertained
- Your own en-suite bathroom with a roll top bath and washbasin
- Your own private woowoo (loo) situated separately to the rear of the tent
- Hot water on demand
- Bath linen and eco friendly bathroom products, including shampoo, conditioner and shower gel
- Basic essentials such as loo paper, hand towels and hand soap
- Wood burning stove keeping the lodge warm in all weathers and for cooking much like a normal cooker with a hob and oven and the luxury of a warming draw for your plates
- In addition a small gas ring so that you can enjoy that all important cup of coffee, tea or hot chocolate without having to light the stove
- Kitchen fully equipped with belfast sink, cooking utensils, pots, pans, crockery, cutlery and glassware, kitchen roll, cling film, foil, bin bags, washing up essentials, tea towels, hand towel, as well as fresh herbs and essential condiments
- Solar powered fridge freezer
- Dining table for six
- King-sized master, twin room and bespoke cabin beds to be assured of a restful night’s sleep
- Comfy mattress and all seasons duvets
- For that little bit of extra cosy each bed gets a hot water bottle to snuggle up with
YOUR OUTSIDE AREA
Each lodge has its own BBQ area. The Large deck area at the front of the lodge has dining table with six reclining wooden chairs so you can dine al fresco or sit back and enjoy the beautiful views over the rolling Rutland countryside.
We are very lucky not to have any major towns or cities creating light pollution in the county of Rutland, so star gazing at Spindleberry Woods is absolutely amazing.
- Uppingham with a wealth of history and a host of excellent shops and weekly Friday market
- Oakham, the largest town in Rutland and packed with heritage as well as boutiques and its own brewery
- Rutland Water Nature Reserve
- Stamford, just over the border in Lincolnshire is one of the finest stone towns in England
- Melton Mowbray, promoted as the “Rural Capital of Food” and twice weekly market
- Sacrewell Farm & County Centre, Peterborough
- Twinlakes Theme Park, Melton Mowbray
- Foxton Locks, Market Harborough
- Great Central Railway, Leicester
- Tropical Birdland, Leicester
From £135 per night sleeping 6
Minimum stay 3 nights