Wheatfields Luxury Glamping in Kent on the edge of Romney Marsh and close to the historic town of Rye and Camber Sands, offers two unique safari tents in a stunning location. Sleeping up to 8 people, our spacious, en-suite Safari lodges are perfect for family groups who want to spend time together enjoying the big outdoors. You can bring the dog too.
Our spacious tents, Sandpiper and Skylark are nestled around a pond on our family run 500 acre working arable farm on the edge of Romney Marsh. Fully equipped you will have everything you need for a relaxing and memorable holiday including hot showers, wood burners and luxurious bedding. The tents are generously spaced apart making them ideal for two separate groups of guests but close enough for same family or friends.
Our Safari Tents include
- Stonewashed luxury bed linen on the double beds with lovely cotton linen for the twins and bunks
- Fully equipped kitchen with gas hob, fridge and all the basic essentials including tea, coffee, milk and cooking seasonings etc.
- Living areas with large tables, comfy sofas to relax in front of the log burner complete with small oven
- Your own bathroom with a hot shower, basin and flushing toilet.
- Complimentary toiletries supplied by local business WiDEYE
Outside your safari tent you will find
- Large deck areas front and back offer alternative sitting options to enjoy the different views across the marsh or towards the stunning ancient cliff of the Isle of Oxney
- Gas BBQ
- Firepit with plenty of logs supplied
To retain the amazing “Dark Sky” there are no outdoor lights used at Wheatfields. If you love star-gazing this is the place to be. We are off-grid with solar lighting & limited USB charging, please bring your own back-up power packs and car chargers.
YOUR DOG IS WELCOME TOO
Cliff Marsh Farm is a wonderful place for dogs with plenty of space. Away from roads and with no livestock kept on the farm. There are plenty of wonderful walks for you and your dog including
- Footpaths leading from the farm along the Saxon Shoreway to Peasmarsh and Rye.
- Walk across the Marsh to Camber and Jury’s Gap. A climb up the cliff will take you to Stone and beyond.
- The Military canal has walks towards Rye and Appledore and onto Warehorne
- Rye Harbour Nature Reserve is a great walk for your dog
- At Camber Sands dogs are allowed to run free in the winter months
Dog friendly pubs nearby include … The Ferry Inn, Stone, The Bell at Iden, The Standard Inn, Rye, The Red Lion, Snargate.
LOCAL AREA Places to visit
- Rye, A beautifully picturesque town made up of quaint, cobbled streets, interesting shops and restaurants
- Ypres Tower
- Rye Museum
- St Mary’s Church – Climb the clock tower for lovely views. Open every day, weather permitting
- Lamb House – Home of the authors Henry James and E F Benson
- Rye Harbour Nature Reserve
- Camber Sands with five miles of golden sands
- Camber Castle – Henry XIII castle lies between the nature reserve of Rye and Winchelsea
- Dungeness Nature Reserve
- Bodium Castle near Robertsbridge
- Ashford and Tenterden
From £200 to £260 per night per safari tent low season
From £240 to £300 per night per safari tent high season
£25.00 per dog per stay.
Please see booking page to add your dog onto your stay or e-mail us
Please note we have a minimum stay of three nights for weekends and school summer holidays