Glamping in Essex with Hot Tub
Enjoy a UK glamping holiday in Essex with hot tub and luxurious stay at Lee Wick Farm near Clacton-on-Sea. Stay in a Armadilla, it’s the best way to glamp! It’s all things great and small at Lee Wick Cottages in the north Essex countryside. The glampsite itself is petite yet pretty and perfect for families and couples. Our Armadillas, CargoPod and Megapods all come with their own loo, shower and sea views.
Could this be the only glampsite in the country where you can get a side order of spuds when you stay? The farm focused on potato production before branching out into holiday cottages, touring and glamping, and spuds are still grown on site. Say hi to Robert in the farm office at the top of the lane, where he’ll often be found fulfilling his role of potato merchant. You might also find him around the Livery yard. Lee Wick Farm has stabling for around 12 horses, which should keep equine enthusiasts entertained. Or maybe you’d prefer to cast off instead at the farm’s fishing reservoir.Alternatively bag a free pass to the neighbouring Essex Wildlife Trust Colne Point Nature Reserve:. The road beyond the farm leads directly to the reserve.
Our glamping site welcomes well-behaved canine campers too.
We think they are just like a hotel room, but in a field! Our three Armadilla’s sleep up to 2 adults only per Pod. A bed converts in to a double or 2 single beds, please let us know which you would prefer when booking. We can offer a bedding package for the Armadilla’s or you can bring your own bedding, towels (and anything else you think you may need).
The Armadillas include:
- Double bed or 2 single beds with bottom sheet *You will need to bring your own bedding and towels*, or book a bedding and towel bundle from us for an additional cost
- Small kitchen area with sink, toaster, kettle, fridge and microwave
- Cutlery and china crockery for 2 people
- Table and chairs
- Ipod dock
- Bluetooth sound system
- DVD player (no TV as yet, awaiting arial)
- Mood lighting
- Underfloor heating
- Integral loo and shower wet rooms
- Wardrobe and storage space
- BBQ (please bring your own charcoal)
- Outside seating on your own deck
- Fire-pit (please note no camp fires)
Outside there is a 2 person log fired hot tub set on the private decking of each Armadilla available for an additional cost. The hot tub is supplied freshly cleaned and filled, with logs, kindling and between 2 – 4 firebricks (dependent on length of your stay).
Prices from £49 for one – two nights, £73.50 for three nights, or £98 for four nights. Please enquire before booking.
Fishing at our reservoir (please enquire when booking), £10 charge for bookings. Passes for nearby nature reserves, superb birdwatching opportunities.
THE LOCAL AREA
We are an excellent base for Essex and Suffolk coastline, countryside and tourist attractions.
- St Osyth is a small village to the west of Clacton with a few shops and general stores along with 3 pubs and a good fish and chip shop. There are approximately 115 buildings around The village has many historic listed or special architectural including the Priory.
- Oyster beds can be found at the beach past the village.
- There are pleasant walking and cycling opportunities around the farm and village. Fishing at our reservoir (not on site) can be arranged as can passes for nearby nature reserves which offer superb birdwatching opportunities, barn owls, little egrets, curlews and and regular sightings of the once rare marsh harrier have been reported.
- Colchester is nearby and being England’s oldest recorded town there plenty of historical sights to see such as the Castle and The Zoo, voted the second best in the country.
- The famous Suffolk Heritage Coastline is also a short drive away with towns such as Southwold and Aldeburgh to browse around.
- Head to neighbouring Wivenhoe for a drink on the quay, or Brightlingsea, ideal for crabbing with the kids. Try Mac’s Plaice for fabulous fish and chips or take the little foot ferry to and from Point Clear.
- Picturesque Dedham is a short drive away, perfect for walks in the Stour Valley, boating (bring your own kayaks / canoes or hire a row boat), cream teas and visiting the famous artworks of both Constable and Munnings.
- Pleasant walking and cycling opportunities around the farm and village.
Fishing at our reservoir (please enquire when booking), Approx £10 charge for Pod bookings. Passes for nearby nature reserves, superb birdwatching opportunities.
Sun – Thurs £65 per night
Fri – Sat: £90 per night
Half term / School hols / Bank hols: £90 per night
Summer hols: £100 per night
Log fired hot tubs optional to book for an additional cost:
Two person log fired hot tubs 1-2 nights use, £65 then £20 per night thereafter.
Bedding Hire available at additional cost
Please note we do not accept larger group bookings or anyone under the age of 25
All of our cabins are completely separate with all facilities private to each cabin/pod.