Glamping in Essex with Hot Tub
Enjoy a UK glamping holiday in Essex with hot tub and a luxurious stay at Lee Wick Farm near Clacton-on-Sea. Stay in one of our CargoPods, it’s the best way to glamp. It’s all things great and small at Lee Wick Cottages with the glampsite itself petite yet pretty and perfect for both families and couples. Our CargoPod, Megapods, Armadillas and Lushna all have their own loo, shower and sea views! The CargoPod listed below sleeps up to 4 people in spacious and tasteful surroundings with sea views.
Could this be the only glampsite in the country where you can get a side order of spuds when you stay? The farm focused on potato production before branching out into holiday cottages, touring and glamping. The spuds are still grown on site today. Say hi to Robert in the farm office at the top of the lane, where he’ll often be found fulfilling his role of potato merchant. You might also find him around the Livery yard. Lee Wick Farm has stables for around 12 horses, which should keep equine enthusiasts entertained. Maybe you would prefer to cast off instead at the farm’s fishing reservoir. Or perhaps bag a free pass to the neighbouring Essex Wildlife Trust Colne Point Nature Reserve. The road beyond the farm leads directly to the reserve.
The glamping site welcomes well behaved canine campers too.
THE CARGOPOD – Sleeps up to 2 adults and 2 children
Situated alongside our livery yard, a peaceful location away from the main farm, on it’s own in a small orchard, with plenty of space to relax. There are pleasant walking and cycling opportunities around the farm and village. The concept is to bring your camping kit less the tent. Therefore bring your bedding, towels and anything else you think you may need. Larger in size than our MegaPods, the CargoPod sleeps up to 4 people on a double bed in separate bedroom and a large double sofa bed in the living area. It’s situated on it’s own in a small orchard, with plenty of space to relax. A maximum of two well behaved dogs are allowed in the pod. We cannot accommodate anyone under the age of 25 without a parent or guardian. Proof of age may be requested.
In summary the CargoPod provides:
- Double bed with bottom sheet *You will need to bring your own bedding and towels*
- Double sofa bed
- Small kitchen area with sink, toaster, kettle, fridge and microwave
- Cutlery and china and melamine crockery for 4 guests
- Table and 4 chairs
- DAB radio with Bluetooth connectivity
- Shower room with loo and sink
- Weber BBQ (You will need to bring your own charcoal)
- Outside seating on your own large deck area
- Fire-pit (please note no camp fires)
HOT TUB AVAILABLE FOR HIRE
Additional log fired hot tub available to hire at/from £59 for 1-2 nights use, £88.50 for 3 nights use and £118 for 4 nights use. It is supplied freshly cleaned and filled with logs, kindling and 2-8 fire bricks (depending on nights booked).
Fishing at our reservoir (please enquire when booking), £10 charge for Pod bookings.
Passes for nearby nature reserves, superb birdwatching opportunities.
THE LOCAL AREA
We are an excellent base for Essex and Suffolk coastline, countryside and tourist attractions.
- St Osyth is a small village to the west of Clacton with a few shops and general stores along with 3 pubs and a good fish and chip shop. There are approximately 115 buildings around the village which have many historic listed or special architectural including the Priory.
- Oyster beds can be found at the beach past the village.
- There are pleasant walking and cycling opportunities around the farm and village. Fishing at our reservoir (not on site) can be arranged as can passes for nearby nature reserves which offer superb birdwatching opportunities. These include barn owls, little egrets, curlews and regular sightings of the once rare marsh harrier.
- Colchester is nearby. Being England’s oldest recorded town there plenty of historical sights to see such as the Castle and The Zoo, voted the second best in the country.
- The famous Suffolk Heritage Coastline is also a short drive away with towns such as Southwold and Aldeburgh to browse around.
- Head to neighbouring Wivenhoe for a drink on the quay, or Brightlingsea, ideal for crabbing with the kids.
- Try Mac’s Plaice for fabulous fish and chips or take the little foot ferry to and from Point Clear.
- Picturesque Dedham is a short drive away, perfect for walks in the Stour Valley, boating (bring your own kayaks / canoes or hire a row boat), cream teas and visiting the famous artworks of both Constable and Munnings.
- There are some pleasant walking and cycling opportunities around the farm and village.
- Fishing at our reservoir (please enquire when booking). There is approximately a £10 charge for Pod bookings. Passes for nearby nature reserves offer superb birdwatching opportunities.
From £65 to £90 per night dependant on day of week/season
Hot Tub Hire from £59
A maximum of two well-behaved dogs are allowed in the pod
Please note we do not accept bookings from anyone under the age of 25
**We have held our 2020 prices for 2021 and up until September 2022! and are taking bookings from 4th July**