Glamping in Surrey and Sussex
Glamping Holiday is based in the rural idyll of Alfold on the Surrey and West Sussex border, offering a luxury UK campsite. Glamour camping, or glamping, at its best. We offer Luxury camping, in our large lavish canvas tents. We aim to give you an outdoor holiday experience that is stress free, comfortable and fun. You can choose from a few days to a longer break. At the Glamping Holiday, positioned between Horsham, West Sussex and Guildford, Surrey, you will find the rural site of Springbok Estate, where you can forget about camping, this is all about glamping. Glamorous bell tents with all the comforts. Turning the camping experience on it’s head, you can arrive at your tent, relaxed in the knowledge that it’s all set up and enjoy the benefits of being in the beautiful South East of England. Our four bell tents are on a one acre exclusive site which offer beautiful views, seclusion and a taste of the countryside.
Glamping Holiday attracts couples, families, groups, walkers, cyclists, bird watchers, non campers and young and old alike. This site is also a great site for two families to holiday together.
THE BELL TENTS – Sleeping up to 5 people
Your glamorous canvas tent is styled in the uniquely shabby, chic British way. Contemporary, recycled, or antique, you name it we try to use it! You will be sleeping in a 5 meter bell tent which can sleep up to 5 people. It will be set up for your arrival and decorated in an enchanting way! Bunting, rugs for your comfort and delight!
With your tent you will have everything you should need to complete your glamping experience, including air beds, bedding, towels and equipment for cooking and eating. A full list of the contents will be sent out with your confirmation. You will have a fire pit to cook on and a plentiful supply of logs and firelighters. We have a great selection of pots and pans and tri pods for the fire. They make cooking on an open fire even easier! We have also added a large gas BBQ for those meals that need to be prepared a little quicker!
However, if you have any particular requirements, please let us know before you arrive. We will then be able to do our best to make sure that your stay is as comfortable as possible.
FOOD AND CATERING
Bring any food that you need or take a trip to the shops when you get here. You could also get your favourite supermarket to deliver! Alternatively, why not book some dishes from our menu at the bottom of the page? Meals start from £8.00 per person.
Our food have proven to be so popular, that we have decided to offer you an even better selection of dishes. Wonderful dishes on offer! We offer one pot meals, pasta sauces and afternoon teas. They are especially ideal for groups as it really does take the strain out of mass catering. Families may also enjoy the idea of making meal time even easier!
The nearest shop is ‘Alfold Village Stores’ about 1 mile away and offers basic supplies. The local Spar is a 5 minute drive at ‘Alfold Petrol Station’
SHOWERS AND TOILETS
Glamping guests now have their own portable toilet/shower block, located on the glamping field. The unit consists of 2 flushable toilets and 1 electric shower on the ladies side and a flushable toilet and electric shower on the mens side. This facility is for the sole use of our guests.
You can always just relax, read, or just have a snooze. However, if you are feeling more active or the kids need some more entertainment then here are some suggestions:-
- Springbok Estate walled gardens and grounds inc fishing, clay pigeon shooting, use of it’s club house and bar facilities (you have to pay £1 to become a member)
- Bikes can be hired locally
- Walk, go bird watching or cycle around Sydney Wood which is nearby and part of the Forestry Commission land
- Cranleigh, Guildford or Horsham all of which offer shops, parks, swimming, tennis, and theatres
- Surrounding villages of Alfold, Dunsfold, Wisborough Green and Petworth
- Fishers Farm a very popular local family farm attraction
- RHS Wisley Gardens
- Coastal towns of Brighton, Worthing and the Witterings
- Theme parks of Chessington, Lego Land and Thorpe Park are about an hour away
- Annual music festivals and events happen locally
- Wings and Wheels an annual event held at Dunsfold Aerodrome in August. They also film(ed) ‘Top Gear’ at this site
- Horse riding can be arranged locally
- Kayaking, canoeing, windsurfing, to name but a few watersports, are available at Southwater Park
- Guided walks from the campsite can also be arranged
- Wey & Arun Canal
- GO APE! is situated near Farnham
WHAT YOU WILL NEED TO BRING:
- Food and drink but remember we can order you some meals or get you an arrival pack
- A torch
- A good book
- Warm clothes, lots of layers for night time will keep you warm. Wet weather gear can also be helpful!
- Hot water bottles
- You may also need insect repellent
2 people £120.00 per night
3 people £145.00 per night
4 people £170.00 per night
5 people £195.00 per night
Book a midweek stay Mon-Thur (excluding bank holidays) and receive a discount. Please contact for details.
Minimum stay of 2 nights.
Please note that there is no electricity on the site and regrettably, no pets are allowed
” The tents are beautiful, so well equipped and very well thought out. We didn’t get cold in the night because of the lovely thick duvets and numerous blankets provided. The food was delicious and really helped novices like ourselves eat some good food over the weekend. The location is great, we had a very busy weekend and the field in which the tents are located is just perfect for the children to run around and enjoy themselves, which Ruby most definitely did, and the small personal things like the gingerbread men for the children and the tea lights and flowers just make the whole experience very special. ” – August 2014, Evans family