Glamping at Midland Farm in Herefordshire gives you exclusive use of our mongolian yurt with no sharing, so your privacy is guaranteed. Over the past 9 years we have completed extensive work to the house and gardens, which are open to the public twice a year. The gardens have been featured on the front cover in the Royal Horticultural Society magazine ‘The Garden’ and we would love to show you round during your stay.
Although the “Farm” stopped being a working farm over 30 years ago, the 1.25 acre site remains and is home to the Yurt along with its very own shepherds hut containing your own kitchen, dining area and fully plumbed in bathroom. The yurt sleeps two in an antique French double bed, and comfortably accommodates a further two in 2 singles.
This is glamping in true luxury, and above all in style, whilst retaining the thrill of the outdoors.
The spacious Yurt (a massive 19 ft diameter) is fitted out to the highest standard to give you the ultimate glamping holiday. The Yurt is a genuine Mongolian yurt with proper felt lining to keep you cool in summer and warm on chilly nights. It’s beautifully finished with all the luxuries any self-respecting glamper could desire including
- Antique French double bed sleeping two adults
- 2 singles comfortably accommodating a further two people
- Bed linen
- Wood burning stove or you can cook al fresco on the barbecue in the woodland area
YOUR OWN SHEPHERDS HUT featuring
- Private fully equipped kitchen with fridge and cooker
- Bathroom facilities with hot shower and wc
The Yurt and shepherds hut are exclusively yours. You wont be sharing the site with any other holiday makers, so your privacy is guaranteed.
All you need to bring is a torch and supplies.
Car parking is provided near to the yurt, so you dont have to carry stuff long distances.
As featured on the front cover in the Royal Horticultural Society magazine, The Garden is open under the NGS scheme twice a year, and is pictured on the front cover of this year’s NGS’s directory. Growing fruit and veg is a passion, and guests are welcome to order produce during their stay.
We also have an abundance of very happy hens who produce the most wonderful eggs that are often available for breakfast. Sarah also offers dinner by pre arrangement.
We have plenty of our own wildlife, optimistically called pets, so guests should expect to meet and hear them all. To date the roll call consists of Daisy the Jack Russell, Bertie the Miniature Wirehaired Dachshund and Flossie our Lurcher. Two cats Henry and Molly and lots of Chickens of various sizes and colours.
We spent last autumn improving our wildlife pond and it is already teeming with wildlife including frogs and newts. We expect Dragonflys and Damselflys in the summer months and a local Heron regularly makes an appearance. There is a rookery in a nearby wood, and they provide quite a magical display at dusk. You can often hear owls hooting round you at night, we have swans and geese flying overhead in the evening, plus any number of small birds.
Letton Lakes nearby is an RSPB sanctuary with some rare species.
THINGS TO DO
- Herefordshire has plenty to offer anyone keen on fresh air. There are more miles of footpaths in Herefordshire than roads. You can see the ridge of Crib-y-Garth – better known as the Cat’s Back – fomo our yurt, so probably no better place to take a stroll
- Offa’s Dyke which runs past Hay Bluff
- Kayaking down the Wye One of the great attractions for many visitors to the area
- Pony Trekking, there are many trekking centres in and around this area that cater for riders of all levels of ability
- Llanthony Priory
- The Tram at Eardisley
- The Stagg Inn at Titley and the first pub in England to gain a Michelin star
The Yurt with Shepherds Hut for up to 4 people for a minimum of two nights stay at the following prices
£80 per night (Sunday to Thursday night)
£100 per night (Friday and Saturday night)
DISCLAIMER The information displayed about this business is a advertisement. Love Glamping makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information. The information on this business is provided and by the business named on this page.