Camping has never been more glamorous and at Cedar Valley glamping in Hampshire, situated on the Bereleigh Estate we offer new luxury safari tents and “Betty” providing an experience to remember with adventure and fun for all ages. Our tents open up the possibility of camping to those who may never have considered it before. We have large, fully furnished tents with comfortable beds, hot showers and flushing loos. Each tent has its own fully equipped BBQ area with outdoor seating and a fresh herb garden to make all your delicious meals taste even better. A memorable and affordable experience, so please come and visit us soon
THE SAFARI TENTS (sleeps 6)
The tents measure 9m x 5m and are erected onto raised wooden platforms which offer insulation from the ground and they are fully lined. Each tent has three bedrooms, a large double, a twin and a bunk room. There is a well equipped kitchen area with good surfaces for food preparation, a gas hob, a sink with cold running water and a small fridge with the essential ice tray. The rest of the tent is an open plan living and dining area with comfortable seating, a good large table and a wood burning stove. The front opens onto a deck surrounded by a handmade ash fence which creates the perfect setting for those welcome sundowners!
Bathrooms are in a separate log cabin at the back but still on the same wooden platform. They provide a flushing loo, basin and hot shower. Water is heated by another woodburning stove in the bathroom.
There are duvets and pillows onall the beds – linen and towels are extra and beds can be made up if required. There are two solar powered lights in the tents and one or two in each bathroom.
This is a single tent on the edge of woodland on the Bereleigh Estate. Cedars offers total privacy with magnificent views over farmland. Complete freedom for children in a safe and natural environment with all the wonders of the wood to explore. Just a stone’s throw away you will find a flint circled campfire surrounded by large sandstone boulders. The campfire not only offers the perfect night time setting for all the family to gather around and enjoy but an alternative cooking method. Challenge yourself to cook a meal over an open fire! A large handmade oak table located between the campfire and tent allows Glampers to enjoy their meals in the heart of the woodland, positioned in the shade it offers shelter from the famous hot English sunshine throughout the summer months.
OAKS, BEECHES AND FIRS
These three new tents are situated in a large grassy field next to a small wood.
Oaks and Beeches are located near each other and are ideal for friends or families wanting to holiday together but at the same time retaining some independence.
- Firs is a short distance away which provides a little more privacy but is close enough should a party require all three tents.
- All three tents have their own fire pits, outside picnic tables and chairs and there are swings/hammocks in the trees.
- Children will love exploring the wood which has a number of trees perfect for making camps and a wooden tree platform for the more adventurous. There is also a large fire pit area with benches and seats if larger parties want to get together in the evenings and there is plenty of wood to be found for camp fires.
BETTY (sleeps 2 plus 1)
Betty is designed for couples and with a possible plus one as there is a large 6ft double bed located above the cab and a ladder in position in making it very easy to access and a futon sofa which can fold out into a single bed for that extra guest.
- The kitchen is fully equipped with all the cooking utensils, pots, pans, crockery and glassware.
- There is a small oven with 3 gas rings, a fridge with the essential ice compartment and a large sink with instant hot and cold running water which is very drinkable.
- The Woodburner is a real centrepiece of Betty and kicks out plenty of heat! Logs and kindling are provided on arrival with top ups at a small extra cost.
- The futon is extremely comfortable and guests are welcome to relax infront of the fire, whilst enjoying the TV which has a DVD player and freeview – Also a soundsystem allows guests to listen to music via Bluetooth from their personal devices.
- In order to stay cosy warm whilst sitting out on the deck enjoying a couple of sundowners guests are provided with traditional ponchos to keep away the early evening chill.
Just across the deck from the front door of Betty is the bathroom.
This mini log cabin has also been completely insulated and even has underfloor heating! Meaning its toasty warm every night and guests are welcome to relax and unwind in the free standing bath whilst enjoying the view across the land.
There is also a great overhead shower and a plumbed in loo and basin.
The Yurt is a new addition to Cedar Valley and has already proven a big hit with the group parties. It provides a great space for relaxing, dinning and even extra accommodation. It is a genuine Mongolian yurt, hand crafted and hand painted and has been erected on a raised wooden deck. It is located just a short distance from Oaks, Beeches and Firs which makes it very accessible to all guests and adds a little extra to your glamping experience.
The interior has been decorated in true mongolian style. Drapes, rugs, pillows and beanbags all add to the relaxed vibe in which guests can chill out and enjoy. There is even a Bar! Stocked with glassware, crockery and cutlery guests are encouraged to use the space for fun filled dinner parties, post BBQ parties and a late night spot to unwind.
Hire alongside a tent as additional accommodation for £80 per day
FIRE PIT SHACK
A new addition to Cedar Valley is our Fire pit shack. It provides a great space for evening camp fires with candle lanterns and seating for all. The design is to allow guest to enjoy a campfire whatever the weather. Large supplies of firewood can be found throughout the woodland – guests are welcome to scavenge around to find whatever they require.
THE TREE CASTLE
For friends and family to enjoy!
We have six good strong mountain bikes and helmets which can be hired by the day. There are a number of good tracks on the estate itself or else there are many lanes and routes to explore in the area.
Court, racquets and balls can be hired by the hour.
CLAY PIGEON SHOOTING
Cedar Valley can offer a number of sites for quality sporting clays. We have steep grassy valleys for those who like the challenge of high birds but are equally able to cater for the novice. We have experienced coaches to provide tuition for those new to the sport.
The famous South Downs Way is very close and there are a number of circular walks and cycle routes mapped out to help you enjoy the stunning countryside.
The famous Meon Valley Springs is approx. 2 miles away where there is fishing for the expert or instruction for the amateur.
If the peace and quiet of camping life gets too much there are a huge number of places to go and things to do within a 20 mile radius. Located between the villages of East and West Meon, Cedar Valley and The Site are very well placed for pubs, village shops. There really is something for everyone and all within easy reach. There is information about all local events and activities in each tent.
- Houses of Jane Austin in Chawton and Gilbert White in Selborne
- Watercress Line in Alresford and at certain times of the year the chance of a ride with Thomas the Tank Engine
- Paultons Park with the new exciting Peppa Pig World
- Goodwood – famous for horse and motor racing and there are several meetings throughout the summer. Goodwood also has 2 golf courses and there are many other courses within easy reach
- Petersfield is 6 miles away where markets are held every Wednesday and Saturday
- Historical city of Winchester with its magnificent cathedral is 12 miles
- Chichester is about 18 miles
- Portsmouth with the historic naval dockyard is only 12 miles and from where you can even take a day trip to the Isle of Wight
Super chilled glamping weekend for a hen celebration. Comfortable tent and the yurt is perfect for big groups in the evening. We will always have lovely memories of this place and our weekend away.
We had a great time glamping and hopefully will be back. It is a very well organised. Great campfire!
Safari Tents from £120 – £155 per night (sleeping 6)
Optional Linen £9 per person
Betty from £60 to £85 per night (sleeping 2 plus one)
Exclusive weekend Hire of the Yurt – £120 – £150
Hire the Yurt alongside other accommodation from £80 per day
3 night minimum hire at weekends