Beechen Glamping offers luxury camping in the heart of the Hampshire Meon Valley countryside with a warm welcome. Located on the edge of the South Downs National Park and at the mid-point of a long established route between Winchester and Portsmouth, Beechen Glamping is a lovely place to stop, relax and enjoy the outdoors taking in the magical views. Set within the grounds of Beechen Stables, which have livestock of free-range chickens, geese, goats and horses. Dogs are very welcome but must at all times be kept on a lead. Free range eggs can be purchased and free range goat meat can also be ordered.
You can choose from wandering through nature reserves, glimpsing wildlife such as hares, buzzards, deer, walking or cycling for miles on the South Down Trails. Within walking distance is Bishop’s Waltham, a vibrant and historic medieval market town. The high street has a range of shops including butchers, baker, cafés and restaurants. You are also able to explore the extensive remains, including the Palace Ruins.
HAZEL SAFARI TENT
The new Hazel Safari tent has an internal footprint of 6 metre by 11.5 metre with a large living and cooking area. One king-size double bed and a separate bedroom with a triple bunk easily sleeping 5, however for those extra guests there is a double and single sofa bed. Your own luxury hot shower and flushing toilet is incorporated. The covered veranda offers great indoor and outdoor space to dine and relax.
HAWK LODGE TENT (2 Storey)
The Hawk Lodge is a two storey and the ultimate family tent. The Lodge has an internal footprint of 7.6 metres by 5.4 metres, with an extra floor sleeping up to four people. Together with 2 king-size double beds below, you can create sleeping for eight, making it extremely flexible for larger families or groups. The tent also includes your own luxury hot shower and flushing toilet. The veranda is covered which offers great indoor and outdoor space.
BOTH THE HAZEL AND HAWK tents are on raised wooden platforms which offers insulation from the ground. Plenty of space inside and out to enjoy, play a board game or cards together and a grassy field for ball games or a BBQ.
Each Tent includes
- Comfy Beds
- Dining Table and Chairs
- Well equipped kitchen area
- Kitchen utensils including saucepans, knives, bootle opener, cutlery and crockery
- Electric two hob
- Small fridge
- Sink with hot and cold running water
- Flushing toilet
- Electricty for led lighting and recharging phones
- Firepit BBQ
Dogs are very welcome but must always be kept on a lead and not allowed on the furniture or beds.
The Two storey Lodge Tent has steep stairs and so not suitable for all ages / mobility.
A firepit is supplied for your campfires and BBQ. Both tents are no smoking areas.
Torches and batteries
Charcoal, fire lighters, matches
Outdoor ball games
Food – tea, coffee, milk and sugar
Bedding for pets
Hazel Safari Tent
- Marwell Zoo
- Blue Reef Aquarium
- New Forest Wildlife Park
- Paultons Park, Ower (Home of Peppa Pig)
- Blackgang Chine, near Ventnor, Isle of Wight
- Beaulieu National Motor Museum, New Forest
- Portsmouth Historic Dockyard (home of HMS Victory and the Mary Rose)
- Milestones Museum, Basingstoke
- Submarine Museum, Gosport
- Solent Sky Museum, Southampton
- D Day Museum, Southsea, Portsmouth
- Itchen Valley Country Park
- Lakeside Country Park, Eastleigh (miniature railway)
- Royal Victoria Country Park, Netley
- Manor Farm and Country Park, Hedge End, Southampton
- West Quay Shopping Centre, Southampton
- Gunwharf Quays, Portsmouth (home of the Spinnaker Tower)
- Whiteley Shopping Village, off the M27 junction 9
- Watercress Line Steam Railway
PRICES PER TENT from
3 night Weekend from £300
4 night Midweek Breaks from £400
7 nights from £650