Glamping Gloucestershire with Hot Tub
The Nook and Nest at Roost Glamping in Gloucester and The Forest of Dean are two cosy and snug wooden cabins designed to make the most of inside and outside living,
The Nook is finished off with restful dusky pink and sage furnishings and reclaimed scaffold board wood and hand-crafted furniture. The Nest’s interior is a cosy mustard yellow and navy to complement the rustic cedar wood and hand-crafted furniture. Both cabins are bespoke creations by one of the Forest’s talented carpenters.
INSIDE THE CABINS you will find…
- Kitchen is equipped with an induction hob, kettle, fridge with a small icebox and a dishwasher, plus all the plates, glasses, utensils and pans you could possibly need.
- A selection of books and board games for your entertainment.
- A super comfy king-size bed with fine Egyptian cotton linens
- A luxurious bathroom has a walk-in power shower and fluffy bath robes and complimentary toiletries including handmade local Mitcheldean Soap
- Wood burner with a generous basket of wood and kindling to keep you cosy for two nights
- Enjoy some complimentary homemade scones with jam and butter
- Your beloved pooch will be spoilt with a handmade doggy truckle bed and blanket to keep them cosy too!
- Enjoy outdoor living at its best – throw open the french doors from the living room and walk straight out onto the covered deck area
- Gaze at the stars from the warm, relaxing comfort of the Japanese hot tub, or enjoy a glass of wine sitting on the handmade cedar swinging love seat
- Step down from the veranda into the meadow with your own firepit – there’s a griddle and BBQ utensils to enjoy some great outdoor cooking. If it all that sounds a bit daunting, there’s a small oven and microwave you are free to use in the site office
- There is a lockable bike shed with bike racks as well as a bike wash area, all situated next to the site office. There is an electric vehicle charging point onsite
COMPLIMENTARY STORE CUPBOARD
The complimentary store cupboard includes basics like freshly ground coffee, breakfast and herbal teas, sugar, oil, salt, pepper, vinegar, rice, pasta and porridge oats.
DOGS LOVE GLAMPING TOO!
Don’t leave your best friend behind! Here at the Roost we love dogs. Each of our glamping cabins are dog friendly and all your doggy needs are catered for. Your pooch will be spoilt with their own handmade gorgeous truckle bed along with dogs towels and bedding. There are some doggy treats along with poo bags and water and food bowls.
There are lots of great walks directly from the cabins and we also leave a list of pubs, restaurants and attractions that are dog friendly. If they come back a bit muddy, we provide doggy towels and we have a dog wash just outside the site office
Available as “add ons” to your online booking or alternatively email us, at least 7 days before arrival, and we’ll send you a payment link and make sure your items are waiting for you on arrival includes….
Fresh, locally sourced essentials to get you started with your stay containing a pint of milk, crusty loaf, butter, half a dozen free range eggs, some of my home-made jam and a bottle of pressed apple juice.
PLUMP HILL MEAT BOXES
From a smallholding born out of a dream for self-sufficiency, concerns about the decreasing numbers of heritage breeds, and a desire to return to traditional farming practices. High welfare, local meat that tastes fantastic. Choose from a Plump Hill Farm Breakfast Pack or BBQ Pack.
NAUGHTY BUT NICE!
Cake & Candles including traditional Victoria sponge and birthday candles
Tea Time Treats such as Scones – sweet plain, fruited or cheese and Chocolate or Victoria sandwich
COOKING WITH FIRE
Resilient Woodlands, Forest of Dean: single species Alder sustainable BBQ lumpwood charcoal for the open fire pit and we provide the BBQ tools and griddle.
THE LOCAL AREA
Stroll down the lane to St Anthony’s Well or take a walk into the ancient woodland behind the cabins – there is a myriad of footpaths that can be taken directly off site. Why not bring your bicycle (or hire one and have it delivered to site) and use one of the many cycle routes in the Forest.
A five minute drive away you can enjoy wild swimming in the river Wye or hire a canoe for the day
There is an award winning cookery school in the village – Harts Barn Cookery School.
There are so many beautiful walks. All cabins have an OS ranger map that could give you a different walk everyday for about a year. We have some great trails including Offas Dyke Path and the Gloucestershire Way.
There is a new 50 mile Leaf Peeping Driving Guide for autumn guests.
Mitcheldean boasts two microbreweries, Jolter Press and The Bespoke Brewing Co (both have tap rooms open on Friday & Saturday nights) and are well worth a visit.
There are also some really great restaurants all within a short drive of the cabins. Download our handpicked guide to great places to eat locally during your stay.
The Forest of Dean and Wye Valley area is very dog friendly and many attractions and pubs accept dogs happily. There is an abundance of walks along safe, hard forest tracks to keep out of any mud and also some lovely flat footpaths alongside the picturesque river Wye. Many of them have pubs en route so you can stop for a spot of lunch and a well-deserved rest with your furry friend. The Sculpture Trail at Beechenhurst is a lovely woodland walk and there is a cafe there too. Dogs are allowed outside only.
PRICES from per night for 2 people
£114 Sunday to Thursday
£129 Friday and Saturday
April May June September October (& Valentines)
£107 Sunday to Thursday
£137 Friday and Saturday
July August (xmas & NY)
£117 Sunday to Thursday
£147 Friday & Saturday
2 nights minimum stay. Bank holidays 3 nights minimum stay.
We accept one medium sized dog and up to two small dogs. £25 per dog per stay and £35 for two dogs.