Glamping Festival Style at Hay on Wye
At Starry Meadow in Hay on Wye, our glamping and festival inspired getaway includes a bell tent ready for your arrival, the cooking sorted and many things to do within walking distance. We are an exclusive pop up Glamping village, for just 4 weeks this summer! Think flags and bunting, strings of lights and evenings sat around the fire pit, all surrounded by beautiful countryside. Our spacious, canvas bell tents sleep up to 4 people and an extra 2 children can be accommodated if required. Pitches are spaced at least 8m apart to make social distancing easy.
A reasonably priced marquee bar with socially distanced tables and specially selected festival food stalls are available on site too covering both breakfast and dinner! As parents ourselves, we know that to enable you to relax, the children need to be entertained, so we’ll have a games room including classics such as ping pong, connect 4, swing ball etc. and we’ll be showing family friendly films in the evening. Various activities will be on offer most days including crafts, archery and pony riding. We include an excellent quality shower and toilet units which will be cleaned regularly during busy periods.
Starry Meadow offers a family friendly atmosphere and is surrounded by stunning local scenery. Set in an exclusive location, the glamping site is within the Brecon Beacons National Park with it’s stunning mountain scenery and dark skies status. The river Wye with it’s pebble beaches, wild swimming and canoeing is just a short walk away as is the beautiful town of Hay-on-Wye with it’s array of bookstores, vintage shops and quality food outlets.
Sleep under the stars, splash in the river, climb the mountain, toast the marshmallows and let the children run free, making memories that will last a lifetime.
FAMILY FRIENDLY GLAMPING open 30th July to 30th August 2021
INCLUDED IN YOUR STAY is a spacious canvas bell tent with
- Fitted flooring
- Double futon with memory foam mattress topper, mattress protector and bottom sheet
- One or Two single futons with mattress protector and bottom sheet
- Two Bedside tables
- Bedside Lamp
- Bunting and fairy lights
Please bring your Bedding (or sleeping bags) and towels
FACILITIES ON SITE
- Screen showing family friendly films
- Games room and on site activities
- Food stalls serving reasonably priced breakfast and evening meals
- Communal fire pit
- Deckchairs, hay bale seating and dining tables and chairs for communal use (cleaned regularly)
- Microwave, kettles and fridge for guest use
- Washing up facilities
- Serviced shower and toilet blocks (cleaned between guests)
- Phone charging facilities
Explore the local area, highlights include
- Hay-on-Wye Town Centre with it’s shops, cafes, bars and ice-cream parlour (within walking distance)
- Go wild swimming, paddling, stone skimming and picnicing at the River Wye
- Canoeing, paddle boarding, zip lining, pony trekking, caving, climbing, archery with one of the many local outdoor pursuits providers
- Mountain Walks in the Brecon Beacons and Hay Bluff
- Days out include Cantref Adventure Farm (30 mins), National Showcaves of Wales (50 mins), Brecon Mountain Railway (50 mins), Waterfalls walk (60 mins) and Big Pit (60 mins)
COVID BOOKING GUARANTEE
If we happen to go back into lockdown for any reason and we are unable to go ahead due to government restrictions, all money will be refunded
COVID CLEANING PROTOCOL
We will be providing hand sanitiser at all key points on site. Wiping down tables and chairs with ‘anti-viral’ spray between guests. Our shower room and toilet block will be serviced between each guest using anti-viral spray and deep cleaned throughout the day. Tents will be deep cleaned between guests and sprayed with ‘anti-viral’ products. We will be assisting social distancing by leaving lots of space between out tents and recommended distance between tables. All communal spaces will be as open as possible.
£595 for a family of 4 for a 3 night weekend or 4 night midweek break.
Sorry no pets
PLEASE NOTE THIS IS NOT A FESTIVAL, BUT A FESTIVAL INSPIRED CAMPSITE.